Nokia Lumia Phones

Update regarding my previous post about Moto E

This has got network issues. You phone shows full signals but the other party get the message as cannot be reached. I got a new replacement and this also has the same problem. So it is cheap but comes with some real issues ....

hi,

how are your experience with MS Outlook emails on your Android / Nokia phones ?

My outlook emails get automatically deleted from my android after a few hours..any settings for that ? But my gmails stay on my android for weeks.

On the android do you setup the webmail setting or the POP settings of the computer on which MS Outlook exists ?

any help wioll be appreciated.

Nikhil.. if you find this post OT.. please PM me and i will start a new thread.

thanks
mpw

hi,

how are your experience with MS Outlook emails on your Android / Nokia phones ?

My outlook emails get automatically deleted from my android after a few hours..any settings for that ? But my gmails stay on my android for weeks.

On the android do you setup the webmail setting or the POP settings of the computer on which MS Outlook exists ?

any help wioll be appreciated.

Nikhil.. if you find this post OT.. please PM me and i will start a new thread.

thanks
mpw

I am delighted with the outlook integration of my Lumia. In my experience, for Android I often faced issues with calendar sync, meetings used to appear on phone irregularly, emails were okay. But never had this issue on my Lumia, moreover the Lumia Outlook interface is feature rich and has many improvements over the android interface like on meeting you find a one touch button that will reply to all participants that you will be late, and so on.

Regarding deletion issue that you are facing, check your sync settings, usually there should be a setting that tells it how many days of emails in the past it should download, if it is 1 day and todays's downloaded emails will be deleted tomorrow automatically from the phone. I do not have handy picture from android but I can post screenshots of the setting from my Lumia.

On the aspect of connecting, there can be two ways, if it is corporate email then if your Outlook Web Access url is mail.abc.com then (for outlook 2010 server onwards) your email server from mobile will be m.abc.com. Otherwise if you corporate supports imap then use imap settings. Most important pop3 is less secure from imap so if there is a choice go for imap only, of course if you can connect using Exchange settings directly (first option) nothing better than that. Some corporates require you to get permission first for enabling accessing email from mobile devices. If it is any other email like gmail then go for imap route.

Here are the relevant images

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140629_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140629_0001.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 37
  • wp_ss_20140629_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140629_0002.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 39
Does anyone know how to utilize the full potential of the camera in Lumia? In my Lumia 720 the camera is 6.7 MP but when I take out a picture the resolution is not like 6.7 MP, files sizes for a 16:9 image comes to around 300 to 400 KB. Read somewhere that built in camera app has this limitation so installed Nokia Camera software separately yet no change.

Have any one resolved similar issues?

Does anyone know how to utilize the full potential of the camera in Lumia? In my Lumia 720 the camera is 6.7 MP but when I take out a picture the resolution is not like 6.7 MP, files sizes for a 16:9 image comes to around 300 to 400 KB. Read somewhere that built in camera app has this limitation so installed Nokia Camera software separately yet no change.

Have any one resolved similar issues?

The picture quality of any mobile phone cannot be compared to a basic digital Camera irrespective of the higher pixles in the camera as the Picture quality basicaly depends upon the sensor size which is bigger in any digital camera. with my personal experience, the only camera phone that can be compared with a Digital camera is Nokia Pureview whose sensor size is compared to a digital camera.

Camera in Phones are just for clicking and posting it in social media. If you view it in a TV, you can see the real quality. Else you should have a real steady hands and pictures are taken in good light condition.

yes. the best camera available in a "Budget". In real life, we don't have that much of a steady hand for a camera phone because of the phone ergonomics.

And see the sensor size & F no of 808 and others whose F no is bigger than the 808 but with smaller sensor size. And less F no, more light to sensor but to a smaller sensor size

:yahoo:eek:h, after a longtime i got a chance to discuss about my hobby(was once):yahoo:

I understand your point of view but my question is in the sample photos the resolution (dimension) is at par with the megapixels but not in my case. If we set aside the size of the image at least dimension . resolution should be higher correct? Want to find out a way of doing it in Lumia 720, not sure what is the missing link.

I understand your point of view but my question is in the sample photos the resolution (dimension) is at par with the megapixels but not in my case. If we set aside the size of the image at least dimension . resolution should be higher correct? Want to find out a way of doing it in Lumia 720, not sure what is the missing link.

Yes the resolution will be at par with the pixel only when you do not zoom. resolution cannot be higher than the total pixle, say in lumia 720, 3088 x 2152 = 6645376 = 6.7 mega pixles( as per the sample review). In simple language, Zooming in a camera phone is nothing but cutting the unwanted portion and enlarging to standard size thus the effective pixle size will be less than 6.7 mp of the camera. Same is applicable to changing the mode as 4:3 , 16:9 .

In the review, closeup means always going near the subject and not zooming on the subject. Most of the samples in the review will be shown at full mp shot with steady hands. And definetely, they will reveiw their best snap shot.

Yes the resolution will be at par with the pixel only when you do not zoom. resolution cannot be higher than the total pixle, say in lumia 720, 3088 x 2152 = 6645376 = 6.7 mega pixles( as per the sample review). In simple language, Zooming in a camera phone is nothing but cutting the unwanted portion and enlarging to standard size thus the effective pixle size will be less than 6.7 mp of the camera. Same is applicable to changing the mode as 4:3 , 16:9 .

In the review, closeup means always going near the subject and not zooming on the subject. Most of the samples in the review will be shown at full mp shot with steady hands. And definetely, they will reveiw their best snap shot.

I am not getting the full resolution even if I am not zooming.

I am not getting the full resolution even if I am not zooming.

Are you referring to pictures stored in onedrive (skydrive)?

I'm getting 1.25mb - 1.75 mb size on my 520. its only basic 5mp camera.

regards
girish :)

Nopes, Pictures saved to my sd card is not able to cross 500kb, mostly varies from 300 to 400 kb. Rear camera, no zoom, tried with both default can software and also Nokia Pro Cam

oops, I didn't checked by connecting the phone to the computer. I opted for auto upload with best quality. http://1drv.ms/1kp3unw
sorry to hijacking the thread.
one question- Are your calender entries got deleted after 2 weeks from the phone? Are you running 8 or 8.1?

regards
girish:)

Nopes, Pictures saved to my sd card is not able to cross 500kb, mostly varies from 300 to 400 kb. Rear camera, no zoom, tried with both default can software and also Nokia Pro Cam

I don't have the phone but on the older Nokias you could set the camera picture resolution from High Print Quality to lower resolution.
Check if the camera has a settings option that allows for this.

oops, I didn't checked by connecting the phone to the computer. I opted for auto upload with best quality. http://1drv.ms/1kp3unw

one question- Are your calender entries got deleted after 2 weeks from the phone? Are you running 8 or 8.1?

regards

yes the ones that are adhoc get deleted beyond a week or two after their occurrence but the recurring ones stay. Probably this is in sync with the email retrieval duration

regards

You are the star! Checked with pc and indeed sizes are ~1.5 mb. So it was the email client that was resizing the pics, cam is fine otherwise

I don't have the phone but on the older Nokias you could set the camera picture resolution from High Print Quality to lower resolution.
Check if the camera has a settings option that allows for this.

I can find these settings in lumia520 -
gcr-albums-screen-shot-picture654-wp-ss-20140706-0002.png

gcr-albums-screen-shot-picture655-wp-ss-20140706-0006.png

Option is there only for video mode.
yeah, it was there in old ones(IMHO to reduce the space on sd card).

You are the star! Checked with pc and indeed sizes are ~1.5 mb. So it was the email client that was resizing the pics, cam is fine otherwise

me? i'm girish only.
Early in my N82 i was getting sizes ~ 1.5mb depends on shots.somehow I'm missing its xenon flash now.

regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back