Non-Tape Audio System Required

sgmane

Hi folks,

Do suggest for my below requirement:

1. Two-in-One (Or three-in-One or should that matter!!) system (tape not mandatory) (CD, MP3 playback, USB, radio - remote would be an advantage!) (Note: will not be using Redbook CD's. So no hifi stuff or audiophile grade expectations!!!)
2. Reasonable speaker output. (Should fill medium size room atleast without distortion)
3. for what - will play 90% spiritual songs (10% or even less radio or non-religious/spiritual songs)
4. Daily use of 4hrs. (Use by home minister/ eldery people)
5. A reasonable after sales service.
6. Budget 6000Rs max.

I checked this CMT-EH25 : Micro Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India and see its does the job. But its only 10w RMS. Is it ok?. One main point here is, its topload CD player. So i understand the tray problem is solved. (I least prefer tray loader as i had bad experience taking to service centers often).

thanks

10W RMS is perfectly ok as long as it is being used by home minister and elderly who do not need loud sound. It will easily fill up a 10X12 room with adequate sound level. I love Sony products (all in one) in that price range.

If you can give up CD and can manage all your music needs through USB/SD Card, then look at this option, which is Rs.1975/-

iBall Music Boat 2 Multimedia Speakers | Speaker | Flipkart.com

This works on inbuilt battery. So can be used during power failure too. It also has alarm and FM radio and I think it comes with remote too. Also one can play songs from mobile, hooked to aux-in.

Note: I have not used it personally. Its available in all leading retail stores like CROMA/Ezone etc.

Hi sgmane,

The EH25 system that you have listed above should be okay. I have heard this unit a number of times, and it's the best I think you can get for 6k. Of course you should not expect audiophile quality, but it does the job it's meant to do at that price.

Actually, at the last Durga Puja, I gifted one each of these to my mother-in-law (77 yrs), my eldest sister (also 77) and my eldest brother (74). These eldest brother and sister are like my parents, and they actually brought me up. They are very much fond of music and was listening CDs through budget DVD players and the TV speakers. They have now been using this for the last almost one year and are very happy. They also had reasonable supplies of cassettes, and this player plays those as well.

10 wpc rms is okay. My mother-in-law's bedroom (where this system is placed) 13 feet by 13 feet, my sister's room is also similar. My brother's room is even larger, and the sound is loud enough without serious distortion.

I suggest, you go to a showroom with a few CDs and check this out. This has also AM/FM tuner integrated into the unit. Please remember, you should not expect audiophile output from this, but for common people this is actually quite good.

Regards.

jaudere: Thanks. That clear's my doubt. Its only that they would mainly use it early morning and during the evening pooja timings. So that should be ok.

Ukjeyjaraj: Thanks. No CD seems to be mandatory as they are more coveinent to operate a CD rather than a pen drive. (I have to then keep the the pen drive updation at regular intervals then). They will be using all those MP3's, CD which does not cost a bomb. So its plainly from those temple shops that they purchase and listen too.
Requirement of battery operation is not mandatory as it will be mostly placed in a static place.

Asit: Thanks. That gives me some lead. I do not expect any audiophile grade. As said it will be used by my wife and elderly people. And most of the times its religious/spiritual songs. suppose we dont have lot many instruments to listen from these songs. Let me check this. Oh!! You have one lot of senior citizens at your place! Even my elderly people are in that range. Late 60's and early 70's though! .

Thanks folks. Tape is not manadotry, but if it does come with system, no harm though. Probably check out if old tapes lying around and start using them. I was trying for panasonic, pioneer from their indian websites but could not get any details in the range of Sony that i mentioned earlier. So only option left is this sony model and after Asit's input, i would probably get to this!

Last edited:
@justin - thanks. Shall look into.

I further searched and found some products on the yamaha range (in.yamaha.com). Models MCR-040, TSX-70, TSX-130. Anyone own/having experienced on these? Do update me. What would be the price? (I will need to check with the store too). But i understand it would be beyond my budget. Iam looking for one, where i can keep it for atleast 5yrs or beyond.

one fellow put 890Rs amp details some where in hifivision.. it has usb ,
add old philips or local dainty pair u r done

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back