Norge 1000 Vs SonoDyne Vs AudioCraft (Craftel) 2 Channels.

BLASTO

Hi,
I want to know the audiotion experience of anyone who has auditioned all the three amps (Norge/Sonodyne and Audiocraft).

I have auditioned Norge 1000 and a sonodyne amp (with different speakers in different locations) and found that norge has better sound and is value for money. I did not get a chance to audition them with same speakers. Is it a fair comparison?
(Auditioned Norge with Wharfdale floorstanders
Sonodyne with Sonodyne floorstanders)

How do Audiocraft (Craftel) Amps compare with other indian brand ones like norge and sonodyne? :confused: (Somebody please answer this!)

Also, When I auditioned Norge 1000 and NAD c315 with the same speakers (Same floorstander set from wharfdale), I somehow feel that Norge is a little bit superior as opposed to what a lot of other people say (Am I stupid? :D)

Hi,

I have a Norge 2060 amp paired with a pair of Norge Millenium Bookshelf speakes. Both the amp and the speakers are of audiophile grade and produce excellent sound. I hae not auditoned a sonodyne or a Carftel amp. But from the reviews that I have read, Craftel amp and speakers are very good. If you plan to use the amp and spekaers to listen to mostly Indian music ( Film music etc) then you may be better off with a Norge or a Craftel. The imported amps may not be very open like the Norge or Craftel and are best suited for English music.

Norge 2060 and 1000 are excellent amps and paired with the right speakers, they will produce excellent sound.

I would also suggest that you visit Craftel in Chennai and have an auditon of their products. You may be able to find the right product that you are looking for at a very reasonable price.

Thanks

Rajendran Menon

I preferences in that order:

1. Norge
  2. Sonodyne
  3. Audiocraft (Craftel)

But select your speakers first and then select an Amp that goes well (synergy) with the speakers selected.

Hi,

If you plan to use the amp and spekaers to listen to mostly Indian music ( Film music etc) then you may be better off with a Norge or a Craftel. The imported amps may not be very open like the Norge or Craftel and are best suited for English music.

Rajendran Menon

So which amp will suit to Indian music/film?

Would have been nice if someone gave a comparison between these amps w.r't high, mid , bass, soundstage

in my book theres nothin to compare.
(between norge and the sonodynes)

the norge pretty much beats it all the above stated respects

ive not heard craftel

with the norge amp i would either buy the norge speakers them selves or a speaker which is a bit forward sounding rather than laid back.
Tannoy,MA BR2 would make good choices

hey magma, how would you compare the Norge to an NAD or CA entry level amp?

well i recently auditioned the Norge 1000, 2030, 2060 and 2000 referance mofset with Wharfdale crystals, diamon 9.1 and Quad bookshelves.

I felt the 2030 (especially) and 2060 (nice lively sound - very acceptable) are underpowered while the 2000 mofset in nice for easy listening but not too good handling bass. The 2000 mofset somehow flundered in the midrange too and was clearly muddy (maybe because it was fresh out of the box).

The norge 1000 however holds potential - i heard it earlier with the same speaker combination and it was lively with ample bass, good midrange and not too harsh highs. Overall this is the one that will go with all kinds of music (not great in jazz though) for neutral or slightly speakers.

PS: I like completely laid back music but the 1000 i felt could deliver well with good speakers.

AFAIK amps not broken in may sound grainy or hard but not muddy. Must have been lack of good audio rack or speaker mounting causing muddiness?

Regards

AFAIK amps not broken in may sound grainy or hard but not muddy. Must have been lack of good audio rack or speaker mounting causing muddiness?

Regards

well clearly the denon 1709 produced more lively sound from the quads than the norge 2000 mofset. I was expecting great things from this one and would have picked up for my missions - but it was so forward and lacking bass that i dropped the idea altogether. Let see if i get the 1000 which was not there last week - will try for an home audition.:sad:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back