Norge 2060 amp - Four ports for each channel.

kapilcbe

I recently purchased a used pair of Wharfdale 10.2 speakers for 15k along with Norge 2060 amp for 3k. I think, I got a decent deal considering a new pair of Wharfdale 10.2 costs around 29k.
But I am confused about the connectors/output ports on the Norge amp. There are four output ports for each channel (or zone, as they call it). How am I supposed to connect the Speakers to the amp.

k8g6.jpg

Is it correct what I have done? Or am I losing some output by not using the other two ports for each zone.
Please help guys.

The 4 ports are for 2 pairs of speakers (4 nos.)

Since you have only 1 pair (2 nos) you can make all the connections to either A or B.

Say for e.g. let us connections are made only to A
Left Speaker - Connect the wire from red terminal of speaker to red terminal of amplifier and Black to Black terminal of amplifier
Right speaker - same as above

if you want to use both A & B (applicable only if you have 4 speakers - 2 pairs) follow the above procedure.

k8g6.jpg

Is it correct what I have done? Or am I losing some output by not using the other two ports for each zone.
Please help guys.

Looking at the image,you have connected wrongly.Either all wire should be connected to top row with correct +ve and _ve terminal of speakers or the row below(A or B).Press the A or B select button on amp accordingly.
Else you get sound from one speaker only.

Thanks for the reply guys.
I am now using the ports from zone A to connect both the speakers. And now I am getting the stereo effect which was missing earlier.
So it means that zone A/B contains both the channels. And that my earlier connection meant I was using only one channel for both the speakers and each speaker was getting half of the power compared to current connection.

There is so much difference in the sound after connecting them correctly. Earlier I was feeling let down by the setup, but not anymore (ignorant me)
Thanks a lot for the help everyone.

Hi Murali,

This is my first serious speaker purchase. Before this, I knew only about aux and cheap 2.1 or 5.1 setups.
This setup is just two days old and I am already proud of it.
Thanks for the suggestion about the pre-amp. I will surely look into it. But before that, I have to search for what is pre-amp and how to bypass the internal amp of my Norge :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back