Norge Amplifier

Regarding the Usher v601, I really liked the bookshelfs specially the tight bass, clarity and purity of the sound (demonstrated with Marantz PM5004/CD5004 - the setup that I currently have)... Currently I am having a pair of Focal Chorus 706v, which is a highly acclaimed speaker, but to my ear I found Usher is better than Focal (emphasizing again, to my ear)...and thinking of replacing Focal with Usher in near future...You can go and have an audition...I am sure you will love it...

Thanks a lot...I will contact him asap...meanwhile can you please let me know how is the amplifier and its compatibility with Sonus 2605v3...

The CA amp in question is a very good amp. Fellow FM @maxprocrj, @haisaikat @Shibashis have this model. You can send them PM and ask for their feedback. Meanwhile, you can contact the person, who posted the add, visit his place, haggle for the final price and you can ask him for an audition with your sonus 2605. Seems, uphill task ha! especially to carry huge Sonus 2605 but if the deal goes through, you can request the gentleman for audition at your place with Sonus 2605.

Thanks Amit...Yes..I have already tried to contact him...but he is not responding to the calls...dropped an SMS...hoping to get a callback...

Regarding the Usher v601, I really liked the bookshelfs specially the tight bass, clarity and purity of the sound (demonstrated with Marantz PM5004/CD5004 - the setup that I currently have)... Currently I am having a pair of Focal Chorus 706v, which is a highly acclaimed speaker, but to my ear I found Usher is better than Focal (emphasizing again, to my ear)...and thinking of replacing Focal with Usher in near future...You can go and have an audition...I am sure you will love it...

I am a proud owner of the Ushers. :)
I auditioned pretty much everything available in Kolkata and then bought the Ushers and to me they are outstanding. I asked to know how you liked them.
I have paired them with CA 550A, the pairing is not ideal and is bright. I need to replace my 550A with a warmer amplifier, perhaps NAD or Marantz, ideally an Arcam, but do not have budget. I am combing every possible source for a good pre-owned option.
I feel CA and Sonodynes will be bright, but you may just like it (to each his own). If you are interested I can bring my CA 550A, just for some evaluation. It says 60W @ 8 Ohms, even to drive my hungry Ushers I have never had to turn the volume pot more than the 10 o'clock position and that gets really really loud.
Where do you stay? Let me know if this can happen.

Hello Shibasish,

That will b gr888 if it can happen...I stay in Kasba Haltu area...right now my sonus 2605 yet not delivered...i bought it frm south city last sat and they told that it is out of stock and it will b delivered by this sat max...once it is delivered we can plan...however I hv sonus 2504 also in my possesion along with focal chorus 706v...coupled with marantz pm5004/cd5004... So we can test with that also....i m very novice in this world and meeting with u will certainly b a nice and learning experience...

All,
I am looking for a integrated amp. I have polk TSi300 front speakers, which one should we go ?
How will be Norge amp? can anyone suggest the price..

Little late to post , but these are my few opinions after using sonus 2605 V1 for over a year now .
At 89dB these are not very difficult to drive .
I am driving then using denon AVR1713 and they run absolutely fine .
I have a vintage nad 3030 and with only 30 watts per channel @8ohms they sound better then my denon avr although i have to crank up the volume above 75% to shake things .
The forum member from whom i purchased the 2605's had paired them with a marantz pm6003 without any issues .

Thanks for ur suggestion...i am going for norge 1200 pre-power combo with pass b1 which i m getting frm Hifivision frnd Sann...it is yet to be reached to me...he is assembling the pass b1in the preamp and once it is done he will ship it...waiting eagerly to get the combo..also utterly depressed with Sonodyne as I did not receive the speaker till now...i hv booked it last to last saturday and made the full payment...but till now they r not able to deliver the speaker and it may take another 7-8 days...what a pathetic condition of sonodyne...also i m very much depressed with the attitude of the sales guys in south city mall sonodyne shoppe...they r totally unprofessional and very bad in their attitude...didn't bother to give a demo, technically not so sound and the attitude is lyk they dont want to sell their product...highly depressed with it...jst wanted to share with u all...

Thanks for ur suggestion...i am going for norge 1200 pre-power combo with pass b1 which i m getting frm Hifivision frnd Sann...it is yet to be reached to me...he is assembling the pass b1in the preamp and once it is done he will ship it...waiting eagerly to get the combo..also utterly depressed with Sonodyne as I did not receive the speaker till now...i hv booked it last to last saturday and made the full payment...but till now they r not able to deliver the speaker and it may take another 7-8 days...what a pathetic condition of sonodyne...also i m very much depressed with the attitude of the sales guys in south city mall sonodyne shoppe...they r totally unprofessional and very bad in their attitude...didn't bother to give a demo, technically not so sound and the attitude is lyk they dont want to sell their product...highly depressed with it...jst wanted to share with u all...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you write to Anindya Mukherjee? His e-mail id is [email protected]

Okk.. Will do so...I really want to bring this unprofessionalism of Sonodyne south city mall's showroom to everyone's notice and escalate the issue...i hv also read couple of posts in this forum where the fellow members are also not satisfied with their attitude...

I have faced this too in the past around 4 years back when I visited this place for the first and last time. They are not interested to speak to us if we did not commit to buy.

I have a Norge 2060 powering Boston Acoutics A26. It is pretty good. You can go for Norge 1000 though with higher power rating.

Thanks...I m going for norge pre-power combo with pass b1 integrated in the pre...I m getting it frm hifivision friend Sann..
Now regarding Sonodyne shop in south city mall, they r not even interested to give proper demo or behave properly if u r buying it also...very strange people i must say...they r not responsible enough and did not even bother to inform you that ur product will not be delivered and it will b delayed further...it is almost 11 days that i hv booked it with full payment and the wait is still on...

Thanks for your suggestion...currently I m having Marantz pm5004 which I think might be underpowered to drive 2605... So thinking of Norge...Thanks again...

They have 89db sensitivity,the pm5004 can easily drive the 2605 better or almost as good as the Norge,don't let the 35 wpc fool you it's very powerful amp.

i am from Trivandrum.i called Norge once to buy 2060. He said e mail him with my requirement they will courier the amp to my address, and i mailed thrice to the mail id provided by him but no response till date. this happened 1-2 years back.

i am from Trivandrum.i called Norge once to buy 2060. He said e mail him with my requirement they will courier the amp to my address, and i mailed thrice to the mail id provided by him but no response till date. this happened 1-2 years back.

Hi vapmax,
Shyam Bajaj is 81 yr old person who tends to forget things. In case you are still interested please call him again and then also confirm with laxman thru the landline number in the website between 12pm to 6 pm. Things will be fine then.

I am telling this based on my own personal experience around 10 days back.

Norge 1000 is a perfect match for Sonodyne 2605, I use it myself. Lows, mids and highs are all balanced. Sonodyne 2605 is not that bright, any speaker that has soft dome tweeters are not bright, and if they are, then it can just be a bit of brightness, which again is essential as some sections of music of every genre need that brightness. Also, no amp or speaker is perfect.

A lot also depends upon the music being played and also the player, whether it is cd / dvd player or any media player in the computer. Gone are the days of vinyl, when music was mastered in a way in which music itself had space to breathe. Today,s music are all over compressed and have no space to breathe, which is not easy on the ears. This can give different negative impressions to the listner, who will in turn think that there is something wrong with the amp or the speaker.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back