Norge concert gold 1000

changappa

Hi Friends,

May be wondering where this guy vanished yes! I got my Norge Amp on 23/11/09 evning Very anxiously oppened the courier, First looks It looked like Delhi made Universal Amplifier Mr Bajaj has to do something about this. next connected it to my Prologic BPL dolby Amp line out. Ohch!! It sounded like my existing BPL Amp. My wife and daughter stared at me and asked whats special? I kept strugling with Bass treble bal mid defeat, No use I left it as it is. 24/11/2009 went to office oh more questions I said I am setting it still. some suspecious stares. my fate. Came back from office swithed on the system kept the vol on 12 oclock pos, bass full, treble half. Increased the feed vol of my BPL AMP till The speakers felt full load played it for an hour.
HA HA now the real stuff started sounding. Reduced the vol wah! What I wanted A low vol thump started coming. Its the feed vol which controls the performance and my book shelf 10" woofers after playing for an hour in full vol started sounding great in low vol!! technically I could'nt make out how. Now the sound is great lows are vry good mids are sweet and the highs are chimming. Does the Amp need a seasonig Or the speakers need some time to adjust I do not know.

Conclusion
1. looks delhi made Mr Bajaj seriously have to do something about this. You need to give a clean aluminium matfinish with solid aluminium knobs.
2.Mids and high are very good
3. For extra bass should have been provided loudness button which helps in low vol listening
4. It wont heat up at all after hours of playing.
5. No humming sound with half vol if there is no signal from the feed. Which is great.
6.Listen gazals you feel Punkaj Udas singing in your hall.

Great Amplifier I was out of mood for 24 hrs since yesterday evening i am enjoying the real music.

give the amp some time to settle,u should be able to hear a huge difference as it beds in(approx 100hrs should show a visible shift in dynamics).the amps that mr bajaj makes are solid vfm and i guess the cost cutting is apparent.looks wise i have always liked the 2000 mosfet,very neat.that said,the norges are very hard to beat 'at their price point'.it would do u good to upgrade ur speaker setup down the line and pairing ur new aquisition with their own millenium speakers/wharf 9.1 or 9.2,would give u a very solid 2ch setup,of course,assuming the source is upto scratch.congrats,enjoy ur listening sessions.cheers

All electronics equipments need that honeymoon period called break-in. After teh frost 50-60 hrs you amp will start souding almost to its potential. Enjoy the music.

Whats the opinion of your wife and daughter now? I can only think of your expression when it sounded same as u r BPL with your wife and daughter giving they DUH look ;)

Yes! I also want to know about your BPL amp? How did you connect it? Are you using your Norge as power amp? I am having BPL D1000 system, so if I can improve it some way by adding Norge as you did...

Last edited:
Yes! I also want to know about your BPL amp? How did you connect it? Are you using your Norge as power amp? I am having BPL D1000 system, so if I can improve it some way by adding Norge as you did...
Its DSP 2000 Its a dolby prologic amp with two rear and one front power out. Sub woofer and front L&R pasive out. I have connected my dvd to line In. Front L&R pasive out to DVD in of Norge 1000. This BPL amp got a remote so you can control the vol of Norge with this remote.

i too have a BPL cassette player that i bought in 1994 ! Maybe i could connect it with my amp...

How does it look ? I mean does it look like All-in-one Micro systems that were sold (like Philips powerhouse)

All electronics equipments need that honeymoon period called break-in. After teh frost 50-60 hrs you amp will start souding almost to its potential. Enjoy the music.

Whats the opinion of your wife and daughter now? I can only think of your expression when it sounded same as u r BPL with your wife and daughter giving they DUH look ;)
ha ha still they did't certified yet.they will take some time. You know why they consider its only my toy!!.

Its DSP 2000 Its a dolby prologic amp with two rear and one front power out.

What is this one front power out? What have you connected to it?

I have connected my dvd to line In. Front L&R pasive out to DVD in of Norge 1000. This BPL amp got a remote so you can control the vol of Norge with this remote.

Well have you connected in this method just to control the volume level through remote control?

If you are not using more than 1 pair of speakers i.e. only if you are using the Front L+R speakers just try once connecting your DVD player's Front L+R line out directly to DVD-in of your Norge amp instead of routing it through the BPL Prologic unit. There will be a remarkable improvement in the sound quality. I am sure after hearing the sound, you will avoid using the BPL Prologic unit.

Well since you are used to a remote control, the only inconvenience for you will be controlling the volume level manually everytime on the Norge amp.

NOTE: A subwoofer can be connected using the Norge amp's speaker out terminals or pre-out terminals (if it has one extra pre-out terminals). You need the BPL Prologic unit in your setup only if you want to connect the surround speakers.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

hmm,

more the no of components between source and speakers, more is the sound quality degradation. try connecting DVD out directly to Norge without that BPL amp intervening, you will get much better sound. Norge does sound great for Gazals. i have heard it with Jagjitsingh and it was great. and don't worry about the looks your family gives you!:D i keep on experimenting with my set up and i get that kind of look so many times that now i have become adapted to those looks. just sit back &Enjoy.

hmm,

more the no of components between source and speakers, more is the sound quality degradation. try connecting DVD out directly to Norge without that BPL amp intervening, you will get much better sound. Norge does sound great for Gazals. i have heard it with Jagjitsingh and it was great. and don't worry about the looks your family gives you!:D i keep on experimenting with my set up and i get that kind of look so many times that now i have become adapted to those looks. just sit back &Enjoy.

Hi, I did isolate that BPL Amp and the input vol is high so the amp sounds loud in 3 points Vol. the pain i every time I have to getup and adjust the Vol. The problem with dvd player is when I switch off and awitch on the vol is set to max.(default).

wow, that is one unclear post. Would you care to explain what it is you were trying to say?

Hi, I did isolate that BPL Amp and the input vol is high so the amp sounds loud in 3 points Vol. the pain i every time I have to getup and adjust the Vol. The problem with dvd player is when I switch off and awitch on the vol is set to max.(default).

I am regularly reading yours and others observations on your Norge receiver . As suggested to you you have to connect the source of signal directly to the input of the amplifier . You say by default the volume is on higher side when the player switched on . I could not understand whether the default is with the source or with Norge . However my suggestion is opt for a good CD player than to depend on VCD or DVD players for good Sterio / Audio output.

Regards

hi,
i didn't get that.you should try and connect audio out of your DVD player to line in of Norge 1000. BPL amp should not come in the chain. where is the question of vol setting? does your DVDp have volume control? I guess volume level will be more than enough of you keep the volume knob at 9 o'clock position.
i use a powered mixer which does not have a remote control. somehow i don't have to adjust volume every now and then. recording quality is important. if you always listen to assorted songs in MP3 format, the volume problem peeps in. for factory recorded audio CDs, volume level is pretty uniform.

Just like Psychotropic, I could not make much sense of what you are talking about regarding your connection methodology. Can you answer a few questions? Some of these questions may sound stupid, but an answer will clear a lot of doubts. What comes to my mind is that you are, by mistake, overpowering the input circuit of your Norge.

1. You say you have connected your DVD Player to the Norge through your BPL. What is the need to do this as the Norge is an integrated amp and can be connected to the player directly?

2. If you are using the BPL as a pre-amplifier, you cannot connect it to an integrated amp such as the Norge unless the amp has special connectors that can bypass it's own preamp stage. Some NAD amplifiers have this, but I am quite certain the Norge does not. Can you look behind the units and tell us what are the nomenclature used at the connections points you are using?

3. You keep referring to 'volume control' in the DVD player. Does your DVD player have an amplifier built in? Does it have speakers connectors at the back? Are you connecting these output of the DVD amplifier to your Norge?

4. What kind of connectors are you using between the DVD player, the BPL, and the Norge?? Are they RCA cables with RCA connectors or speakers cables?

Cheers

I am regularly reading yours and others observations on your Norge receiver . As suggested to you you have to connect the source of signal directly to the input of the amplifier . You say by default the volume is on higher side when the player switched on . I could not understand whether the default is with the source or with Norge . However my suggestion is opt for a good CD player than to depend on VCD or DVD players for good Sterio / Audio output.

Regards
hi its the source dvd player vol

hi,
i didn't get that.you should try and connect audio out of your DVD player to line in of Norge 1000. BPL amp should not come in the chain. where is the question of vol setting? does your DVDp have volume control? I guess volume level will be more than enough of you keep the volume knob at 9 o'clock position.
i use a powered mixer which does not have a remote control. somehow i don't have to adjust volume every now and then. recording quality is important. if you always listen to assorted songs in MP3 format, the volume problem peeps in. for factory recorded audio CDs, volume level is pretty uniform.

hi, all the dvd players got vol control which can be controled through the remote!

hi,

hi, now let me put in this way,
1. my dvd player got a vol control like all the dvd players available in the market. through remote you can increase and decrease vol. this sets to default (full) when you switch off the system. So if I keep the Norge Amp vol in 9 oclock position initially when I switch on the dvd player the vol is high then i can reduce it with remote using vol up dn key.

2. dvd front L/R connected to Norge Amp DVD in directly.
3. BPL Amps front power out ( active out) is given to one 8'' full range speaker (box).

4. Norge Amp tape out connected to BPL Amp tape in.

5. BPL front speaker vol can be controled by BPL remote.
Is its confusing??

firstly, all DVD players do not have volume controls.....

Secondly......why have you done this arrangement this way? Let me see if I get you.....you are hooking up the DVD player to the Norge amp using stereo interconnects.......you are then connecting the 'out' section of the tape loop on the amplifier to your BPL amplifier which is powering your BPL speakers.

Are there any speakers directly connected to the Norge amp? What speakers are they? If so, why do you need 3/4 speakers?

The following paragraph is applicable only if there are speakers connected directly only to the BPL amp and not the Norge amp....then why on earth are you doing this circus with the BPL amp? in this kind of setup you are not using your Norge amp at all....you are bypassing even the pre-amp sectino of the Norge, if you are taking a line-level output from its tape loop.......please connect the DVD-P straight to the Norge amp and hook the speakers up to it, you'll get the cleanest possible sound (and amplification from the Norge that you paid for). While I would not advise you to use the 'volume' control on the DVD player, you could set your amp volume manually to a decent level, while leaving the DVD-P 'volume' level at maximum, and then reduce that if there is some emergency.

Does this answer your queries?

Again, your posts is utterly unclear and the above is an attempt to make sense of it. I could very well be wrong because your explanations still don't make any real sense. Do you have 2 speakers in total? or 3? or 4? and WHY?

hi, now let me put in this way,
1. my dvd player got a vol control like all the dvd players available in the market. through remote you can increase and decrease vol. this sets to default (full) when you switch off the system. So if I keep the Norge Amp vol in 9 oclock position initially when I switch on the dvd player the vol is high then i can reduce it with remote using vol up dn key.

2. dvd front L/R connected to Norge Amp DVD in directly.
3. BPL Amps front power out ( active out) is given to one 8'' full range speaker (box).

4. Norge Amp tape out connected to BPL Amp tape in.

5. BPL front speaker vol can be controled by BPL remote.
Is its confusing??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back