Not Able to Access Network Files or DLNA Feature in Sony BDP S380

gurujee

Hi

After being confused over buying the costly sony usb wireless adapter for years, recently added internet connectivity by a bridging router mentioned in this blog post

Now I can watch youtube and other through my BDP. But when I am going to Network (to play files from my PC) the option is simply BLANK.

I don't know much about DLNA or networking things. But I have researched and turned 'sharing on', added my PC to home group, added folders to share over network. But still no sign of files or folder list in my BD player. I went on and installed 'Servio' but still nothing.

All I want is to stream music files from my PC to BD player and also use 'Play To' option.

Anyone can guide me in right direction?

If you are using ddwrt try changing firmware to an older version or newer version! If you are using wds bridging, try ddwrt!

And make sure you have enabled upnp in both modem router and bridge... Check if the wireless channels are the same in both...

I had a similar problem and it got resolved by these steps!

Last edited:
Channel is same in both router.
Have to check the UPNP thing in the bridge router.

regarding Ddwrt, The post which I followed mentioned I don't need to flash the firmware. I have TP-Link TL-WR740N. Can you kindly elaborate on this ddwrt thing please.

Edit: Oh My Bad.....I just found out that my sony bdp s380 doesn't have DLNA. :(

Gaye mere 1k Paani Mein.. :( :(

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back