Not enough bass in TSX 330T ??

druk2004

Dear friends,

I have a Denon 1612 reveiver. I was managing with CSiA4 center and some Sony bookshelves. I want to change my front speakers now.

Mainly want a good sound for Stereo Audio (2.0) and use CSiA4 while watching movies to get Center + 2 front type configuration.

I tested TSX 330T in ProFx showroom today and was disappointed with the bass output in 2.0 config. Mayb the setup is configured for 5.1 and hence when u play 2.0 the bass is low ?? Or is it that bass in TSX330T is actually low ??

When I asked to switch on the sub ... the bass was too boom boom which I hate ... I don't want to miss the bass but done like boom boom.

I can go for higher model speakers but by receiver won't be able to drive it and I don't want to re-invest in a receiver. Plz suggest some options.

Should I go for TSX330T + Sub ? Or is it possible to get good bass out of 330T if its configured without sub ?

Some suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!!

Dear friends,

I have a Denon 1612 reveiver. I was managing with CSiA4 center and some Sony bookshelves. I want to change my front speakers now.

Mainly want a good sound for Stereo Audio (2.0) and use CSiA4 while watching movies to get Center + 2 front type configuration.

I tested TSX 330T in ProFx showroom today and was disappointed with the bass output in 2.0 config. Mayb the setup is configured for 5.1 and hence when u play 2.0 the bass is low ?? Or is it that bass in TSX330T is actually low ??

When I asked to switch on the sub ... the bass was too boom boom which I hate ... I don't want to miss the bass but done like boom boom.

I can go for higher model speakers but by receiver won't be able to drive it and I don't want to re-invest in a receiver. Plz suggest some options.

Should I go for TSX330T + Sub ? Or is it possible to get good bass out of 330T if its configured without sub ?

Some suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!!
Tell them to set the Floor standers in avr to large and then see the difference. Also Your AVR 1612 is a decent one and will be able to drive FS too. How about buying The POLK RTI series?

If it is connected to a Denon Receiver, ask them to keep it on "Direct" audio mode. TSX 330T produces ample bass, but as usual the Pro FX stores give bad demo's. I tried 3 different Pro Fx stores before buying my 330T. You wont require a sub for small/medium sized room.
Though honestly Polk TSx are very good for movies though not bad for music too. Even their bookshelf 220B are quite capable.

Thanks for your feedback. I also need to try another ProFX store then.
Another question: will 440T have significantly better bass compared to 330T ?
I am also hearing about Boston Acoustics A 360 .... How will this compare with 330/440 ?

Polks are better for movies. 440T would obviously have better bass considering their high output. Cant comment on Boston, though I would suggest you to demo multiple spkrs rather than just Polks.

Also you did not mention in your original post, what was the source used in ProFX store.

Am intrested in the same set up. Have a denon 1513 and planning to get 330T. Can my Denon drive this FS? Also, are there are any other FS in same price range (Klipsch,BA etc)?

Friends,

I tried another ProFX store and did my own settings with Denon 1612 + 330T ... I got the bass which I was looking for ...

I have bought the 330T pair .... now enjoying the great sound output ....

At Polk's price range ... I don't think any other speaker can beat Polk for value for money ...

thanks to everyone for their inputs ....

PS: If you push hard, you can get 15-20% discount on MRP.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back