Novice Wannabe Audio Enthusiast

manjulaltn

Hello All,

My name is Manjulal and I am from Trivandrum, Kerala, India. Let me give you all a long introduction :)

Basically I am looking at an entry level audiophile grade tower speaker pair for my small home theater room with the following dimensions:

Room Length - 13.5 Feet
Room Breadth - 11.3 Feet
Room Height - 9.6 Feet

I have an existing modest 5.1 HT setup with an Onkyo TX-SR304 receiver, Pioneer BDP-160 Blu-ray Player, Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ 5.1 speaker system and a 42 Inch Plasma.

I am planning to upgrade to a 7.2 Dolby Atmos system in the next few months and my plan is as follows:
  1. Get a 7.2 Atmos Receiver
  2. Atmos Ceiling Speakers
  3. Fixed 95 Inch projection screen
  4. 4K Projector
  5. Tower Speaker Pair - (I am planning to use my existing SR304 receiver as a dedicated stereo receiver until I decide to upgrade with a proper stereo amplifier. So maybe I will use the existing Wharfedale bookshelf speakers for Left and Right channels or will use these new tower speakers as the L and R channel upgrades for my new Atmos receiver)
I was thinking of getting a Wharfedale Diamond 11.3 floor-standers, but I was thinking I can save some cost by opting a DIY approach using thick MDF and following an X-SLS Encore cabinet plan. I need guidance's on which drivers and crossover kits to use. Can any of you masters/gurus out there suggest me some options?

Have you finalized on the avr,if not for starters you could get the x2600 for around 55k and for towers the q acoustics 3050i and dali oberon 5 are also worthy contenders in almost the same price point if,i would suggest getting L-C-R from same brand use the wharfedale s as surrounds that would give you a 5.0 set up, if on a budget try the bic pl200ii,which is one the most recommended subs in the forum,also a fellow member is selling the xtz 10.17 which is a really nice sub ping him for details do check for sale section if interested. Try auditioning as much as possible. Bargain with dealers.

Have you finalized on the avr,if not for starters you could get the x2600 for around 55k and for towers the q acoustics 3050i and dali oberon 5 are also worthy contenders in almost the same price point if,i would suggest getting L-C-R from same brand use the wharfedale s as surrounds that would give you a 5.0 set up, if on a budget try the bic pl200ii,which is one the most recommended subs in the forum,also a fellow member is selling the xtz 10.17 which is a really nice sub ping him for details do check for sale section if interested. Try auditioning as much as possible. Bargain with dealers.
Thank you for the suggestions. I have not yet finalized on the AVR, but my budget is only around 50K for the 7.2 receiver. However the brands and models you suggested are above my current budget and that is exactly why I was looking at a DIY option for the floor standers. The current 5.1 speaker setup I am having all are from Wharfedale including the sub woofer. So not planning to replace them at all. From a speaker standpoint, I am only planing to get the 2 ceiling Atmos speakers and a dedicated pair of floor standers for stereo use.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have not yet finalized on the AVR, but my budget is only around 50K for the 7.2 receiver. However the brands and models you suggested are above my current budget and that is exactly why I was looking at a DIY option for the floor standers. The current 5.1 speaker setup I am having all are from Wharfedale including the sub woofer. So not planning to replace them at all. From a speaker standpoint, I am only planing to get the 2 ceiling Atmos speakers and a dedicated pair of floor standers for stereo use.
With some bargaining i guess you should be able to get x2600 or yamaha rxv685 for roughly that price, tymphany by peerless would be a good speaker for your towers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back