Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

@generalxxxstark non-pro model should be good enough, I have seen some news regarding it unable to run 64-bit apps, eventhough the hardware supports it. For a general user I dont think it will be of any problems.

Ouch, that sucks. Considering how long people keep these devices for I won't be surprised if any future apps like apple tv+ even make it to this one.

I am using shield as a plex server and using a 1TB external HD. Thinking of expanding the HD size will the shield support 4 or 5TB external HD easily or should I go for 2TB?

I am using shield as a plex server and using a 1TB external HD. Thinking of expanding the HD size will the shield support 4 or 5TB external HD easily or should I go for 2TB?
With shield as a plex server, does it stream dtshdma, truehd and atmos in plex? And what device you using as a plex client?

Hi I connected 5 TB Seagate hard drive to shield pro and watched some bluray rips recently on Kodi, it played flawlessly. Between, during Black Friday sales, 5tb hard drive was selling at $89 on Amazon US. Check that out.

Last edited:
For your case, HDCP 2.3 and eARC is not required. Dolby Atmos virtualisation is for 5.1 setup to simulate overhead speakers, which for me is not a big deal.

So i dont see a case for you to consider 2600h. Save money and go for 2500h.

Bought Denon X2600H ultimately as the deal was too good to resist. Got it from my nearest retailer.

Problem is my nVidia shield TV pro got delayed. Have to wait as my friend has deferred his plan to come to India as of now. Tanotis is selling Shield TV Pro 2019 at Rs.25499/-

I am not sure whether to pick it from Tanotis or still wait for someone to come from Australia.

Bought Denon X2600H ultimately as the deal was too good to resist. Got it from my nearest retailer.

Problem is my nVidia shield TV pro got delayed. Have to wait as my friend has deferred his plan to come to India as of now. Tanotis is selling Shield TV Pro 2019 at Rs.25499/-

I am not sure whether to pick it from Tanotis or still wait for someone to come from Australia.
Recently one FM gave a very bad review with his purchase experience from Tanotis. Source it from abroad else buy it directly from amazon.com

Is there a way to create a library in kodi? Plex library and interface is good and I want to know if similarly library with interface can be set in kodi as well. I have attached an external Hardisk which will be the source

Yes, but it has indexed them. You can choose to view as icons, and sort in any way you want.
Music files can be displayed by artist, genre etc.

Not sure what you mean by library.

Yes, but it has indexed them. You can choose to view as icons, and sort in any way you want.
Music files can be displayed by artist, genre etc.

Not sure what you mean by library.
Please refer the image. This is a library for movies. I have set it up similarly in my shield using plex with all the movies in a 1TB external HD connected to shield. Currently the view in my shield using kodi is the 3rd image

Attachments

• D6C9437E-EDDE-424B-B65C-6EBDCE45FCE4.jpeg
    D6C9437E-EDDE-424B-B65C-6EBDCE45FCE4.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 30
  • FF16BBD0-1C75-41B6-A9CA-14FDE3B27F89.jpeg
    FF16BBD0-1C75-41B6-A9CA-14FDE3B27F89.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 86560F64-94E2-4A7B-89A8-8ED30DDC8E7A.jpeg
    86560F64-94E2-4A7B-89A8-8ED30DDC8E7A.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Please refer the image. This is a library for movies. I have set it up similarly in my shield using plex with all the movies in a 1TB external HD connected to shield. Currently the view in my shield using kodi is the 3rd image
Adding my few cents of Kodi knowledge.
With Kodi, when an external drive is connected, you have to enter files sections and browse to your HDD. Open the HDD location, and select the folder with movies/music, long press the select(center) button and from the popup menu select 'set content'. You can set the content to Movies/Music. It will give you an option to refresh library and it starts scan. Even when the scan is in progress you can see them being listed in your movies screen.
You might miss few movies being listed because the downloaded ones might not follow the pattern suggested by Kodi, if you rename those files and scan those would be listed again.
My problem with Kodi is, its a bit unstable in android, it wouldn't open in my setup yesterday. I had to clear storage and reset kodi, and rescan all the movies. :rolleyes:
PM me if you have any troubles, happy to help.

Adding my few cents of Kodi knowledge.
With Kodi, when an external drive is connected, you have to enter files sections and browse to your HDD. Open the HDD location, and select the folder with movies/music, long press the select(center) button and from the popup menu select 'set content'. You can set the content to Movies/Music. It will give you an option to refresh library and it starts scan. Even when the scan is in progress you can see them being listed in your movies screen.
You might miss few movies being listed because the downloaded ones might not follow the pattern suggested by Kodi, if you rename those files and scan those would be listed again.
My problem with Kodi is, its a bit unstable in android, it wouldn't open in my setup yesterday. I had to clear storage and reset kodi, and rescan all the movies. :rolleyes:
PM me if you have any troubles, happy to help.
Sure will ping u. The thing is when I try to add library my hardisk Is not listed but I can browse and play movies

@Love4sound follow this step.

While inside Kodi, and in movies section,

1. Click enter files section
2. Click files
3. Click add videos (sometimes step 2 above is not required).
4. Click browse and go to your desired path under your connected hdd. Your hdd should be listed under external storage.
5. Press ok
6. You may give a suitable name. Kodi will default to folder name.
7. Press ok
8. You should be presented with a settings screen. Select the option that the directory contains movies and change other settings as per preference. I only change to get imbd rating.
9. Press ok.
10. You should start the movies section getting filled with movie catalogues.
11. You can reapeat above steps to add multiple folders.
12. You can follow same steps for music and tv shows. Only ensure you select content as tv shows or music in step 8 above.
13. Lastly, ensure that in Kodi main setting (cog wheel in upper left screen), under media settings, the update media library option during startup is enabled for all videos, music and tv shows.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Siju

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back