Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Shield tv pro 2019 is available on amazon us website for $199 with standard shipping as $40 to india. Any idea about the customs duty? Is it worth buying it directly from amazon US?

Shield tv pro 2019 is available on amazon us website for $199 with standard shipping as $40 to india. Any idea about the customs duty? Is it worth buying it directly from amazon US?
Have you tried adding it to cart and going all the way to the final page for confirming payment? May be there you will find the details

I tried. It shows aprox Rs 8K as import fees deposit. Not worth it at that cost in my view. Try and get through a friend / relative who is visiting.

I tried. It shows aprox Rs 8K as import fees deposit. Not worth it at that cost in my view. Try and get through a friend / relative who is visiting.
Indian customs always sucks...... absolutely not worth buying then...I am not sure about availability in Australia as one of my friend is coming there In first week of December.

Indian customs always sucks...... absolutely not worth buying then...I am not sure about availability in Australia as one of my friend is coming there In first week of December.
You can try to get it delivered from us to Australia to your friends place, using Amazon.

Naa I have not been "that" away. I was there when both died in peace ... :D

I bought Nvidia shield pro from Newegg US, it costs around 16 k with the local state tax(GA), PayPal charged me around Rs.1000 . Eagerly waiting for arrival of my friend.

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_061848.jpg
    IMG_20191117_061848.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
I bought Nvidia shield pro from Newegg US, it costs around 16 k with the local state tax(GA), PayPal charged me around Rs.1000 . Eagerly waiting for arrival of my friend.
But still it does not include customs charges I believe, or am I missing something. If it is the final cost to your doorstep then it is a good price. All the best.

If someone carries it for you in their luggage, their is no customs charge.

I bought the Nvidia Shield non-Pro version from Amazon US. Cost me 12K. And my friend brought it across.

I got the Non Pro version (2019) from U.S last weekend through my friend, couldn't get the Pro version as it wasn't in stock....

The sound quality is very good compared to my Firestick 4K. Netflix, amazon prime contents sounds great when compared to Firestick 4K.
It also it plays 4K movies (20GB files) from my local hard disk wirelessly without buffering... Both Apple TV 4K & Firestick 4K used to buffer every 30 seconds with these 4K media files..

From my limited usage over the weekend I couldn't notice a very big difference in the PQ when compared to Firestick 4K, so need to explore more....

Inside Box :
Shield TV pro, the new remote with battery, power adapter(110-220V) this even has BIS certification(there might be official India launch ??).

With my limited usage over 2 days, I can feel the audio output is better than my TV USB, which bit streamed Dolby and DTS through HDMI-ARC.

Compared to my FireTV Stick:
Video quality is better compared to the firetv stick I had. I dont have a 4k TV yet, so no comments on the AI upscaling. App switching is seamless and works in an instant, no lags at all. Just checked movies with Dolby and DTS as I don't have any DTS-HD MA or TrueHD movies with me yet. I have used Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix( feels much better with audio quality compared to my firetv stick) and Kodi. I have never used plex server before, so yet to explore that.

On the remote:
Feels good to hold in hand, back lits when picked up, cool :cool:. Comes pre-loaded with a Duracell AAA battery. I have configured both TV and AVR for the IR functions in the remote, powering on the TV with this remote is a hit or miss, need to explore the best possible settings for IR functions. Maybe disable IR for AVR and control everything through TV. Volume increase/decrease through this remote is very slow. Yet to get used to the layout of the buttons.

Few hiccups:
  • Chromecast worked on first few attempts, but when I tried casting youtube from my mobile today it wouldn't connect not sure why. Later I tried casting with Amazon prime music it wont show shield. Then after few minutes I tried with my wife's mobile and after 2 attempts it showed Shield and was able to connect.
  • Only 16GB internal memory, should be atleast 64 GB.
  • No Amazon Music app available for India. My wife used to hear songs from firetv stick (causing a raised eyebrow, you paid more for this? :rolleyes:)
  • nVidia should have bundled the controller, its $200 and PS4 and XB1 coming for same price over the Black Friday sale. If anyone is planning to buy over Black Friday and in need of controller can consider steam controller which sells for 5$(its been phased out).
  • IMHO Shield TV cylinder is value for money if you have NAS setup, you can add memory card for more storage(correct me if I am wrong) . If you have older version bettery buy remote separately and wait for next upgrade.

Inside Box :
Shield TV pro, the new remote with battery, power adapter(110-220V) this even has BIS certification(there might be official India launch ??).

With my limited usage over 2 days, I can feel the audio output is better than my TV USB, which bit streamed Dolby and DTS through HDMI-ARC.

Compared to my FireTV Stick:
Video quality is better compared to the firetv stick I had. I dont have a 4k TV yet, so no comments on the AI upscaling. App switching is seamless and works in an instant, no lags at all. Just checked movies with Dolby and DTS as I don't have any DTS-HD MA or TrueHD movies with me yet. I have used Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix( feels much better with audio quality compared to my firetv stick) and Kodi. I have never used plex server before, so yet to explore that.

On the remote:
Feels good to hold in hand, back lits when picked up, cool :cool:. Comes pre-loaded with a Duracell AAA battery. I have configured both TV and AVR for the IR functions in the remote, powering on the TV with this remote is a hit or miss, need to explore the best possible settings for IR functions. Maybe disable IR for AVR and control everything through TV. Volume increase/decrease through this remote is very slow. Yet to get used to the layout of the buttons.

Few hiccups:
  • Chromecast worked on first few attempts, but when I tried casting youtube from my mobile today it wouldn't connect not sure why. Later I tried casting with Amazon prime music it wont show shield. Then after few minutes I tried with my wife's mobile and after 2 attempts it showed Shield and was able to connect.
  • Only 16GB internal memory, should be atleast 64 GB.
  • No Amazon Music app available for India. My wife used to hear songs from firetv stick (causing a raised eyebrow, you paid more for this? :rolleyes:)
  • nVidia should have bundled the controller, its $200 and PS4 and XB1 coming for same price over the Black Friday sale. If anyone is planning to buy over Black Friday and in need of controller can consider steam controller which sells for 5$(its been phased out).
  • IMHO Shield TV cylinder is value for money if you have NAS setup, you can add memory card for more storage(correct me if I am wrong) . If you have older version bettery buy remote separately and wait for next upgrade.
Hi, have you tested for YouTube 5.1 audio on Shield and if yes, is it only on select videos or for all. (Note that it does give 5.1 only when audio settings are done to upmix stereo to pcm 5.1, but I am not sure if it does support natively). Please help if any settings need to be done on youtube app. Thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back