Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Hey Everyone,

Recently went through the reviews of Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. It says to have great AI upscaling. I have few questions:

1. If I connect an external HDD to the shield and play movies from the HDD, do the movies get upscaled? Reviewers said it only works for few streaming apps but didnt mention anything about upscaling external HDD content.
2. It supports Dolby Vision , Atmos etc. But if the TV doesn't support DV, will the content be shown as DV or HDR ? And if the TV already supports DV (I have switched to C9), isnt that feature redundant ?
3. Is there any way to connect my set top box to TV through Nvidia shield?

1. All 1080p and below content will get upscaled. It's only the ai enhanced upscaling, i think, has some restrictions on frame rate. But if it is not applied, it should give a prompt.

2. If your TV dosent support Dolby vision, the content will be played in hdr10. If your TV support Dolby vision but your streaming player dosent, then also it will play in hdr10.

3. No idea...would be a challenge as there is no input on Nvidia shield.

Cheers
Siju

I might be getting this new pro version from US if stocks are available as my cousin is coming in second week of November. Especially, AI upscaling has positive reviews so far. I have been waiting for this.

Amazon should have stock. It is already on sale.

I will wait till black friday to see if any good deal comes. I already have 2017 nvidia shield, so not yet decided.

I guess during black friday sale, they may bundle in gaming controller...

Amazon should have stock. It is already on sale.

I will wait till black friday to see if any good deal comes. I already have 2017 nvidia shield, so not yet decided.

I guess during black friday sale, they may bundle in gaming controller...
Nvidia tube ($150) is still in stock but pro version not available at all pin codes. Let me see. Yaa may be they might bundle it with game controller but not lower the price on a new release during Black Friday sales. I cannot wait until Black Friday as my cousin is coming before that.

In one of the youtube reviews, it was told that the new remote will support the current model and will be available for sale separately too.
Current model as in the older versions right? One thing I hate about the shield is the remote. So annoying to use.

you can cast Apple music from your mobile to any Chromecast device including shield. Chromecast support is just recently added.
I don’t want to cast from my mobile. Airplay does a good job. I was just wondering why the app is not available in google store through shield

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back