• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

vinothmanick

In the article it is mentioned you tube supports 5.1 audio in shield. Any one managed to get 5.1 output in youtube?
Yes I can confirm the mentioned video alone working PCM 5.1...not a lot content in 5.1 in Youtube others are just stereo...

Thanks for the Info :) thumbs up

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

filmguy

can anyone with a shield (or any other android tv box) please let me know if it's possible to cast FROM it to the tv. a google search throws up that you can cast to these devices but was wondering if you can cast from them (like you would from your cellphone) to a tv & what the quality is like? that way if it's connected to an avr via hdmi and you dont want to switch on the avr to watch something you can just cast to the tv.

EthenHunt

can anyone with a shield (or any other android tv box) please let me know if it's possible to cast FROM it to the tv. a google search throws up that you can cast to these devices but was wondering if you can cast from them (like you would from your cellphone) to a tv & what the quality is like? that way if it's connected to an avr via hdmi and you dont want to switch on the avr to watch something you can just cast to the tv.
Don't think it works that way.

sud98

I have frequent internet downtimes with my ISP. I earlier used to be able to play kodi with movies on my NAS even when there was no internet. All that required was a switching off/on of ethernet on the shield. But this works sometimes and sometimes doesnt. Is there a reason for the same and solution?

SPONSORED ADS