Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

can anyone with a shield (or any other android tv box) please let me know if it's possible to cast FROM it to the tv. a google search throws up that you can cast to these devices but was wondering if you can cast from them (like you would from your cellphone) to a tv & what the quality is like? that way if it's connected to an avr via hdmi and you dont want to switch on the avr to watch something you can just cast to the tv.
Don't think it works that way.

I have frequent internet downtimes with my ISP. I earlier used to be able to play kodi with movies on my NAS even when there was no internet. All that required was a switching off/on of ethernet on the shield. But this works sometimes and sometimes doesnt. Is there a reason for the same and solution?

Major update for Nvidia Shield available now : Shield Experience Upgrade 8.0
Netflix Enables high Qlty Surrond sound : dolby 5.1 Audio upto 640 kbps
Prime video adds 4K cast.

Volume control on the controller is smooth after the update. Yet to test the remote control which used to be flaky.

Hi All. Does anyone know if dolby vision support is limited to streaming only? How about contents in local drive with DV. Will it play?

Hi All. Does anyone know if dolby vision support is limited to streaming only? How about contents in local drive with DV. Will it play?
The shield will play almost anything you throw at it. Shield doesn’t support DV as far as I know. I only have a full HD tv but I have DV demo disc and I am able to play them using my shield. I even have a lot of 4K contents which the shield is able to play it in my 1080p tv itself. So in a 4K tv it should play in 4K without DV

thanks. i am writing regarding new model that is going to be released with DV. will that be applicable only on streaming only, i caanot find this info anywhere on nVidia site.

thanks. i am writing regarding new model that is going to be released with DV. will that be applicable only on streaming only, i caanot find this info anywhere on nVidia site.
Well we may have to wait till it’s released. I am sure we are going to have a lot of review videos on all it’s features

Hey Everyone,

Recently went through the reviews of Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. It says to have great AI upscaling. I have few questions:

1. If I connect an external HDD to the shield and play movies from the HDD, do the movies get upscaled? Reviewers said it only works for few streaming apps but didnt mention anything about upscaling external HDD content.
2. It supports Dolby Vision , Atmos etc. But if the TV doesn't support DV, will the content be shown as DV or HDR ? And if the TV already supports DV (I have switched to C9), isnt that feature redundant ?
3. Is there any way to connect my set top box to TV through Nvidia shield?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back