Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I noticed if audio pass through is enabled it causes the issues if disable it works fine. But to enable DTS/Dolby sound from my rips i need pass through.. ..
any settings i ma missing here.

You tube videos - sound is 5.1 or Atmos as per track but receiver shows only Multi In

Even after update, for movies on NAS Shield shows the appropriate codec as per track. I play via Plex Server on NAS and client on Shield. You can run Plex Server on Shield as well. Pass through is enabled on Shield and also in Plex settings.

Try the following. I am guessing !
1. Disable IPV6 in network
2. Under audio, there are settings for Stereo upmix , USB Audio, PCM etc. Try playing with those.
3. Is your NAS capable / enabled for transcoding ? that may cause network to be slow. Try disabling it.

You tube videos - sound is 5.1 or Atmos as per track but receiver shows only Multi In

Even after update, for movies on NAS Shield shows the appropriate codec as per track. I play via Plex Server on NAS and client on Shield. You can run Plex Server on Shield as well. Pass through is enabled on Shield and also in Plex settings.

2. Under audio, there are settings for Stereo upmix , USB Audio, PCM etc. Try playing with those.
3. Is your NAS capable / enabled for transcoding ? that may cause network to be slow. Try disabling it.

I have switched to Kodi since and all issues seem to have disappeared... 4k hdr+ with dts x and atmos audio codec plays like a charm, the receiver shows correct codec as well... its direct play from the nas since i want 4k and dts/dolby sound....

Another ShieldTV owner checking in! :D
Got this one in June 2018, and is still the home of all my local/network media streaming duties.
I've since moved my internet streaming to an Apple TV 4K only for the Dolby Atmos + Dolby Vision compatibility. I'll happily switch back to the Shield if those features ever make it to AndroidTV.

My setup is a ShieldTV 2017 16GB connected to a 4TB HDD on USB and another 4TB HDD on LAN.
The Apple TV is purely for internet streaming and iTunes Movies which is muuuch better than Google Play Movies in India.

Guys need help. I got my shield and connceted to tv it works fine for streaming movies 4k/1k from my nas. But when i connect the shield to my new denon 1500h and enable audio pass through it says connection to nas is slow and i get inbetween hangouts but same works fine 4k/1k with shield connceted to tv. I am using 5ghz wireless... its not network i know.

As far as possible, use Ethernet directly. I've connected my router directly to the Shield using a long ethernet cable.

Thanks i have done that fortnight ago seems to have resolved the issue.
Great! :) Ethernet on the shield also makes it a great network server for home, any drive you connect with USB can now be flawlessly used on your home network over SMB.

unable to pass through dts-hd/dolby atmos movies , ihave enabled pass through in kodi settings and kept surround sound is "always" in nvidia audio settings ...till am getting 5.1 pcm only...any one faced similar issue ..pls help if am missing any setting to pass through the lossless formats to my AVR(poineer vsx lx 303)

unable to pass through dts-hd/dolby atmos movies , ihave enabled pass through in kodi settings and kept surround sound is "always" in nvidia audio settings ...till am getting 5.1 pcm only...any one faced similar issue ..pls help if am missing any setting to pass through the lossless formats to my AVR(poineer vsx lx 303)

Hope you turned on Dolby Digital and DolbyDigital plus capable receiver to on. If then, it should be in LX303. You might have chosen a different sound mode. Just cycle through them. Secondly, when the video is playing, go to the settings and you do see the audio stream for DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD and not the PCM. There can be multiple streams as well.

ohh got it ....thx matbhuvi....after changing the turned on Dolby Digital and DolbyDigital plus capable receiver under kodi audiosetting. i can see the red logo confirming its streaming DD-atmos, DTS-HD streams

found similar video tutorial which resolve the same issue, hope it will help other folks if they facing similar issue

People, bow is the audio quality when you play though usb? Is the quality as good as 4k bd players or lowered or better than all?

TIA

Is the 500GB version discontinued? All I am getting is the 16GB version across stores. Anyone bought the Shield recently??

Hi All

I have few audio issues with shield. While playing Dolby Atmos content on some scenes either the surround or the height channels loose Audio for a second so it feels like the movie has been paused nd played. Just to verify if it’s the content problem I played the same Scene in my Blu Ray player and those scenes work without loss of audio so no issue with content. I tried kodi, mkv nd vlc player and all seems to have this problem.

Hi All

I have few audio issues with shield. While playing Dolby Atmos content on some scenes either the surround or the height channels loose Audio for a second so it feels like the movie has been paused nd played. Just to verify if it’s the content problem I played the same Scene in my Blu Ray player and those scenes work without loss of audio so no issue with content. I tried kodi, mkv nd vlc player and all seems to have this problem.
Hi,

Even i face the same issue with shield. For dolby atmos content, the audio is lost for a second whereas clipping sound is heard in case of dts x content. Rest of the time, it sounds good. Maybe, it happens because of tremendous spike in sound.

Hi,

Even i face the same issue with shield. For dolby atmos content, the audio is lost for a second whereas clipping sound is heard in case of dts x content. Rest of the time, it sounds good. Maybe, it happens because of tremendous spike in sound.
Sad hope some one knows a fix cause there is no use of shield for me then cause only to play Atmos content in mkv format I got it. My observation is that the sound goes missing in either height channels or the surround speakers. Even while listening to a song from dil se in Netflix this happened. Checked in Blu Ray player same content no issues.

Sad hope some one knows a fix cause there is no use of shield for me then cause only to play Atmos content in mkv format I got it. My observation is that the sound goes missing in either height channels or the surround speakers. Even while listening to a song from dil se in Netflix this happened. Checked in Blu Ray player same content no issues.
Even, i tried various tricks but nothing could fix it. But, i face issues only in atmos & dts x. Rest formats work fine. Absolutely no issues.

Hows the nvidia shield different from lets say Mi tv box or xbox one x
I have tried both Shield & Mi Box. Mi Box doesn't support amazon prime video in 5.1 sound but Shield does. The apps in Shield works like a charm but it hangs sometimes in Mi. I will suggest Shield any time.

Greetings members,

can i use this as a replacement for m himedia 900b media player? streaming is one of my requirement abut i also have hd content on my HDD... can i play those file via the usb or will require a NAS. please help me out here.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back