Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

The Pro version is out of stock in most places but the non Pro version is easily available. I think Nvidia misjudged demand.

Am getting the non Pro version via a friend who is traveling to the US.

I just was checking on Bestbuy Canada website, it's showing as $260 Canadian dollars which converts to around 14,400/-, almost same as US price, but out of stock though. Need to wait some more days to get on stock again. All the best.
Yes u r absolutely right. My two friends came last week. Had i known earlier about bestbuy i would have asked them to buy. Let's hope for some other friend.

The Pro version is out of stock in most places but the non Pro version is easily available. I think Nvidia misjudged demand.

What's the price of both pro and non pro versions in usa

My 2015 version Shield died. Hence getting a replacement. Have tried many alternatives - Fire TV, Apple TV, moname android boxes... Nothing comes close to the Shield

No, if possible please go for the Pro version bcos tube version is 32 bit and also you cannot setup Plex service. Also, no USB ports are available. It has limitations.

I am aware. I don't use Plex. And i was using the usb port only for a storage drive to enhance storage. The non Pro version has a micro SD card slot instead.

My movies and music are stored on a NAS. I used Kodi on the Shield to access. The non Pro version should be fine for my needs.

My 2015 version Shield died. Hence getting a replacement. Have tried many alternatives - Fire TV, Apple TV, moname android boxes... Nothing comes close to the Shield
When u say nothing comes close, u mean gaming or something else

I am aware. I don't use Plex. And i was using the usb port only for a storage drive to enhance storage. The non Pro version has a micro SD card slot instead.

My movies and music are stored on a NAS. I used Kodi on the Shield to access. The non Pro version should be fine for my needs.
Exactly, how i use my shield too....Kodi works excellent for local files. However Plex is good option if we want to access the files remotely, when we are not at home network. We only need to keep our shield on standby and connected to internet.
But having said that, Plex dosent work for me very well. Every now and then, it fails to recognise the plex server and it becomes useless for remote access.
So if accessing files on network is on priority, non pro will work equally good and one wouldn't miss anything.

For accessing local media files, for me, Kodi is hands down better than Plex. Kodi is fast, stable and audio passthrough works better.

Exactly, how i use my shield too....Kodi works excellent for local files. However Plex is good option if we want to access the files remotely, when we are not at home network. We only need to keep our shield on standby and connected to internet.
But having said that, Plex dosent work for me very well. Every now and then, it fails to recognise the plex server and it becomes useless for remote access.
So if accessing files on network is on priority, non pro will work equally good and one wouldn't miss anything.

For accessing local media files, for me, Kodi is hands down better than Plex. Kodi is fast, stable and audio passthrough works better.
For me it is exactly the opposite. Kodi is horrible. It looses atmos tracks in most scenes. Plex on the other hand is flawless. I did some research and few complained its a problem with shield. I checked in another FM's house and for him the same atmos track was lost even in the plex.

For me it is exactly the opposite. Kodi is horrible. It looses atmos tracks in most scenes. Plex on the other hand is flawless. I did some research and few complained its a problem with shield. I checked in another FM's house and for him the same atmos track was lost even in the plex.

For me Kodi works fine but while keep changing files like from video to audio or different video file from my external HDD frequently on Kodi it hangs or not that great responsive sometimes, as long as i just play only one media file to watch movie not an issue at all, hence i use VLC player from play-store it works like charm to me, no loss in audio/video quality no matter how much ever i fiddle with it or keep changing different files to play, you guys should try it out,

just have one concern some times my shield tv remote acts weird, in case if had to pause the movie file it takes few seconds after pressing the middle button to show up on the screen or even while searching for an app to open when i press left or right button nothing will happen but after few seconds its will start scrolling towards left and right side fast since i would have pressed multiple times by that time, are you guys also facing the same issue? or is it the battery on my remote is down not sure let me know what do you guys think of this issue.

For me Kodi works fine but while keep changing files like from video to audio or different video file from my external HDD frequently on Kodi it hangs or not that great responsive sometimes, as long as i just play only one media file to watch movie not an issue at all, hence i use VLC player from play-store it works like charm to me, no loss in audio/video quality no matter how much ever i fiddle with it or keep changing different files to play, you guys should try it out,

just have one concern some times my shield tv remote acts weird, in case if had to pause the movie file it takes few seconds after pressing the middle button to show up on the screen or even while searching for an app to open when i press left or right button nothing will happen but after few seconds its will start scrolling towards left and right side fast since i would have pressed multiple times by that time, are you guys also facing the same issue? or is it the battery on my remote is down not sure let me know what do you guys think of this issue.
Hi,

Even i face the same issue with Shield TV remote exactly as you said. I have made peace with it. ;)

Do you mean VLC player installed on shield?..will try.

I am accessing all my media from a nas using wired connection. Never face any issue with Kodi.

Remote is altogether a different story. For me, remote is the worst part of shield. Very fidgity. Sometimes, dosent pause, can't lower or increase volume. I usually use my TV remote to control shield. Works better.

Cheers
Siju

Very happy with it.

My old Shield is shutting down immediately after booting up. Was unable to fix it despite trying everything. Hence bought a new one.

Got the non Pro version, which is easily available. The Pro version seems to have long delivery times.

Other than the remote, which is way better, rest seems the same. Snappy and responsive as ever. The AI based image enhancement does seem to make 1080p files look a bit better.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back