Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Have ordered nVidia Shield TV Pro in US and one of my friend is carrying it for me. Existing users can let me know whether it needs stepdown transformer for indian voltage or not.

I have read on lot of forums that when you attach your HDD to NSP 2019, you need to format it to use it? is it true? Cause before attaching my 1 TB HDD, I want to make sure that it won't affect my existing data.

I had used Amlogic based media player with corELEC and never faced any such issue for formatting one's HDD.

I have read on lot of forums that when you attach your HDD to NSP 2019, you need to format it to use it? is it true? Cause before attaching my 1 TB HDD, I want to make sure that it won't affect my existing data.

I had used Amlogic based media player with corELEC and never faced any such issue for formatting one's HDD.
Afaik if you wanted to use external usb as inbuilt memory then u have to format other wise u can directly use it and browse the content.
Anyways wait for other FM to pitch in.

Hi.. You need to format it only if you want to use it as additional internal memory i.e., to expand the internal memory beyond the default 16 gb.

I am having some issues with NSP 2019. I have observed that it’s remote is less responsive and whenever i have to switch on NSP, i always have to open RCs back cover, shake the batteries little bit and then it starts, batteries are completely new.
Also, when I played Jack Ryan in Prime, the AVR was showing as DD+ & not atmos. What could be the reason?

i fell that GUI in firestick is much better than NSP. Also there are lots of apps which are not available in play store. Any idea how to side download those apps? I tried installing ES Explorer but could not find it.

I am not much happy with NSP’s experience as of now. I may sell it off and well just buy firestick 4K.

I am having some issues with NSP 2019. I have observed that it’s remote is less responsive and whenever i have to switch on NSP, i always have to open RCs back cover, shake the batteries little bit and then it starts, batteries are completely new.
Also, when I played Jack Ryan in Prime, the AVR was showing as DD+ & not atmos. What could be the reason?

i fell that GUI in firestick is much better than NSP. Also there are lots of apps which are not available in play store. Any idea how to side download those apps? I tried installing ES Explorer but could not find it.

I am not much happy with NSP’s experience as of now. I may sell it off and well just buy firestick 4K.

Coming from Firetv stick, I too have the same gripes.

- Amazon Prime App is really badly designed(Maybe intentional to keep people to using Firetv Stick)
- No Amazon Music app for NSP (Using chromecast for the same)
- No Apple TV+ (Firetv stick has it)

NSP provides me with these,

- USB Ports, supports NTFS
- Passthrough for most audio formats (I love using Kodi for the same)
- Chromecast( Love or Hate)

On the remote issues, I never had issues with the new remote, I am still using the batteries that came with it. But an odd thing is it takes some time to power on/ sync with the NSP thats the reason you feel its unresponsive. Watch for the glow in the remote, it comes only after your NSP completes booting, it will be responsive after this. Another oddity I noticed about remote is the IR configuration is hit or a miss, here is how I switch on my TV, Wait for the glow to come-> power off the shield-> power on again-> this switches on the TV. Just a bit lazy to work that out.

If Streaming apps are your choice then FireTV stick 4k/ Cube should fit better for your usage. That given please give it some time before you move on to Firetv stick.

Anyone facing problem with atmos?? My NSP 2019 shows Jack Ryan’s audio as DD+ on AVR and not Atmos. I have selected Auto detection mode in sound settings of NSP.

Anybody having an idea? I have already installed the latest update.

Anyone facing problem with atmos?? My NSP 2019 shows Jack Ryan’s audio as DD+ on AVR and not Atmos. I have selected Auto detection mode in sound settings of NSP.

Anybody having an idea? I have already installed the latest update.
I don't have atmos speakers, but the input signal says DD+ for me as well. Was this the case always? Or you noticing it just now?

Looks like lot of people seems to have this issue, Amazon app seems to switch it on/off at their will. Read through the comments.

Last edited:
I don't have atmos speakers, but the input signal says DD+ for me as well. Was this the case always? Or you noticing it just now?

Looks like lot of people seems to have this issue, Amazon app seems to switch it on/off at their will. Read through the comments

It’s only recently that i have started using NSP2019. The issue is since the beginning itself.

When I connect my ps3 controllers. First one works fine over Bluetooth but 2 nd one works only when wired. It shows connected over Bluetooth but doesn't work. I have 4 ps3 controllers, and have tried each of them. So, I know it's not controllers problem.
(Nsp 2019)

I have kept my NSP 2019 on Centre Speaker. I hope it''s magnet will not cause any interference with NSP's working?

What is the right audio settings for output configuration in kodi? Have 3 options Fixed,Optimized and best match. After upgrading to the shield pro I always noticed a difference. Since I still have the old shield I checked it’s settings and it was at best match and the pro was at Fixed. I am not sure if this really makes a difference and it’s my mind that is playing the trick. The difference I noticed was the separations was much better with best match but less dynamic sound stage with the mid punch slightly missing from the speakers View attachment 43181
Any one?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back