Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Guys,
How to play movies from USB hdd connected to tv pro 2019 with Plex.
Install Plex Media Server from PlayStore, go to settings scroll down and search for the option to mount volume or disk, select the USB disk connected in the Shield. it will scan for media library and will be completed.

Once it scanned login to your Plex account in a mobile browser or a system browser in the left side menu select the source which you added in the setting, browse to the movie folder and click add.

And then in the Shield restart your plex media server app, it will show the movies tab in left side and you can easily browse the movies which you have with all the movie info etc. and you can play the movie.

Refer this youtube link :

How to sideload apple Tv+ , amazon musiv and vudu on shield pro 2019? Any idea?
I usually side load the app in shield through google drive.

1. install "Xplore" app from playstore in shield.
2. Xplore app is having a option to mount the Gdrive.
3. Right side of the Xplore app menu you will have "Cloud" storage option
4. click that drop down you will have options of Gdrive, onedrive etc.
5 .Login into one of the option you have.

Now, download the app whichever you want to sideload in your laptop, desktop or mobile, store in the cloud drive, which ever folder you like or just create a folder of your choice.

Go to the shield TV and open the xplore file manager app, go to cloud, open your cloud storage locate the folder and then click on the downloaded app.

Voila you will install the app

Install Plex Media Server from PlayStore, go to settings scroll down and search for the option to mount volume or disk, select the USB disk connected in the Shield. it will scan for media library and will be completed.

Once it scanned login to your Plex account in a mobile browser or a system browser in the left side menu select the source which you added in the setting, browse to the movie folder and click add.

And then in the Shield restart your plex media server app, it will show the movies tab in left side and you can easily browse the movies which you have with all the movie info etc. and you can play the movie.

Refer this youtube link :
I appreciate your response. I have settled with KODI and am more than happy.

I appreciate your response. I have settled with KODI and am more than happy.
I am also a big fan of Kodi. I just tried to install the Plex 2 days back to see the difference in playing 4k movie content, plex have the option to change the video streaming codec option.

Is there anyone using Amazon Music Android TV app with nvidia shield? Its not listed in Playstore, is available in US/UK I guess. Any one had success sideloading it?

Question:

What is the best way to extract the audio channel from Nvidia Shield ?

Found these options in Amazon, anyone tried these?

Has any one tried using an external HD as the storage device for shield or the pro? I converted my WD elements 2TB HD and the now my shield performance isn’t as good as using the internal storage. While I was setting up itself shield gave me an error message as this device will be slow and slow the performance. But in Nvidia official page they wd elements is listed as one of the recommended device for expanding the storage

Has any one tried using an external HD as the storage device for shield or the pro? I converted my WD elements 2TB HD and the now my shield performance isn’t as good as using the internal storage. While I was setting up itself shield gave me an error message as this device will be slow and slow the performance. But in Nvidia official page they wd elements is listed as one of the recommended device for expanding the storage
I am using my 1 TB HDD as detachable storage. I have been using it only this way. So I haven't done a comparison. I felt the HDD access over network to be slow. I couldn't setup the plex server properly, maybe thats the reason. Other than Plex I didnt find it slow.
So you feel the performance of Shield has gone down or just anything related to your HDD?

I am using my 1 TB HDD as detachable storage. I have been using it only this way. So I haven't done a comparison. I felt the HDD access over network to be slow. I couldn't setup the plex server properly, maybe thats the reason. Other than Plex I didnt find it slow.
So you feel the performance of Shield has gone down or just anything related to your HDD?
Performance is slow. I switched back to internal storage. It was like using a buggy android phone.Booting time increased and switching between apps was slow and hangs at times.

How many of u use real-debrid in kodi? From today afternoon links are not working and getting an error message as no streams available. Checked with 2 more FM’s I know and same issue

Has anyone tried installing geforce now games on Nvidia shield? Looks like its not available in India, any workaround?
Just use a VPN in laptop or phone to create an account. Once you have the account, login with same in shield . It had 3 or 4 month's free. Not sure if offer is still there. My account is still free.

My experiance is other way around. When i use USB HDD as internal storage and play the movie (4K , 15GB +) from it, i feel sometime movie get stuck or get pixeleted once in a while, but when i play the same movie by using USB HDD as external storage its pretty fast and smooth.

FYI for anyone interetsed, the latest 2019 Pro model is available on this site for India customers

FYI for anyone interetsed, the latest 2019 Pro model is available on this site for India customers

Damn that's almost 30k, I bought off Amazon.com just in time before lockdown happened and got tube for 17.5k and pro for almost 23k approx.

Damn that's almost 30k, I bought off Amazon.com just in time before lockdown happened and got tube for 17.5k and pro for almost 23k approx.

Is it including customs duties? Because when I was about to order, pro was coming off at close to 30K with shipping & customs. Finally got pro from US for 14K, my friend carried it for me.

Back