Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Is it including customs duties? Because when I was about to order, pro was coming off at close to 30K with shipping & customs. Finally got pro from US for 14K, my friend carried it for me.
Yes that includes custom, pro for 14k is a steal, it's hardly ever in stock and its price is $200 so should be 15k atleast.

Sometimes olx helps. I got a Brand new Pro from an Olx seller in chennai for 26K. But its hit and miss . Not always available. Should keep trying frequently.

My Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (brought from USA): It fails to connect to Wifi network sometimes (once in a few months). It detects all networks in my home. It lists down the networks. But fails to connect. Home wifi router is close to device. I have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. I found this issue irrespective of 2.4/5GHz network. Now I have dedicated a 5GHz network for this device, rest of the devices at home uses 2.4GHz network. Still once I got this issue. I try to switch region of Wifi router between USA and India, working on and observing.

Any one else also faces such issue?

My Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (brought from USA): It fails to connect to Wifi network sometimes (once in a few months). It detects all networks in my home. It lists down the networks. But fails to connect. Home wifi router is close to device. I have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. I found this issue irrespective of 2.4/5GHz network. Now I have dedicated a 5GHz network for this device, rest of the devices at home uses 2.4GHz network. Still once I got this issue. I try to switch region of Wifi router between USA and India, working on and observing.

Don't think so or maybe I didn't notice. Sometimes my wifi genuinely has issues. My router is also near the shield so I have connected them with a LAN wire, few months back. You can try that option too.

Don't think so or maybe I didn't notice. Sometimes my wifi genuinely has issues. My router is also near the shield so I have connected them with a LAN wire, few months back. You can try that option too.
Though they are just a few meters apart, there is no way to run a wire across two doors in between until unless do a proper wiring which will spoil the hall view :confused:

Try changing the channel number in your wifi router admin settings. That helped some ppl.

Hi, can anybody who is using Nvidia shield confirm that it can play Disney plus hotstar content in Dolby.
I am planning to get nvidia shield and will be using it to play local content through hard drive and streaming content from Amazon prime, Netflix and Hotstar.

Hi, can anybody who is using Nvidia shield confirm that it can play Disney plus hotstar content in Dolby.
I am planning to get nvidia shield and will be using it to play local content through hard drive and streaming content from Amazon prime, Netflix and Hotstar.
Its playing dolby digital (5.1) on hotstar, tried playing avengers endgame (Hindi ) just now, I do not think hotstar supports atmos as yet.

Yes, it does. I played few content, including Mandalorian, with audio output connect to my Denon AVR. The avr showed a multichannel input as well.

Yes used to have this problem. I disabled all native google TV apps and then no further updates..... I searched a lot and found some thread somewhere which was specifically about this problem. Try that worked for me

I disabled all native google TV apps and then no further updates....
Do you mean disabling all built-in app? Preinstalled apps? Preinstalled Google apps? And then not to update os further? Sorry, confusing.

Do you mean disabling all built-in app? Preinstalled apps? Preinstalled Google apps? And then not to update os further? Sorry, confusing.
I just checked it. I have disabled this app called Live Channels. It is a preinstalled app and part of the android TV/Goole system which comes built in. Start with that

I just checked it. I have disabled this app called Live Channels. It is a preinstalled app and part of the android TV/Goole system which comes built in. Start with that
Thanks, but it looks like this is the fix for "network tuner disconnected" issue. Let me try that too anyway. For me wireless connection drops randomly. I have changed Linksys router settings. I also read like it happens with Linksys router, not with ASUS. It needs a lot of patience to test all these combinations :)

Thanks, but it looks like this is the fix for "network tuner disconnected" issue. Let me try that too anyway. For me wireless connection drops randomly. I have changed Linksys router settings. I also read like it happens with Linksys router, not with ASUS. It needs a lot of patience to test all these combinations :)
I would still suggest you try it. I had various wifi issues with the NVidia. They started randomly after an android update. Ever since I disabled this app the wifi has worked well. My router too is placed right next to the Shield and now it all works well.

Back