Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

View attachment 48661

I am reposting my issue again which I have posted in another group.

This has really baffled me. When I am watching Prime Video, the signal is Dolby Digital Plus as you can see from the pic but input signal is in only 2 channels. But when I am watching netflix, hotstar or flicks from my HDD, input signal is 5.1 or 7.1 as per the signal. If I switch it to auto mode by pressing yellow button on my AVR X2600H then for prime the display shows DD Surround that means my AVRs internal are converting 2.0 channels DD+ to 5.1 DD+ but this affects sound quality as the input signal is 2.0

I am using Nvdia shield TV pro and it's sound mode is set to auto with dolby processing. And same is the case with TV's prime app as well if I use my ARC function, the input signal is in 2.0. This is only for Prime Video.

The other apps like hotstar and netflix whose input signal is 5.1 shows only 5.1 correctly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but issue still remains the same. Prime Video CCare says to disconnect HDMI and reconnect it. I have not tried it but I feel that's not the solution. I'll still give it a shot. Any help will highly appreciated.

Same problem am facing & reset the nvidia Shield TV Pro but things don't change , than I changed the HDMI cable but problem still exists. My TCL TV is playing prime video on DD+ on same HDMI cable. Using denon 1500h. Pic is attached alongwith.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-213019.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-213019.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 25
Pic is attached alongwith of prime video version to download.... after this version prime video withdraw Dolby vission/Atmos support....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-133418.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-133418.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 21
After trying too many things, I am getting ATMOS (DD+) in Netflix.

The only way to get ATMOS on STV2017, is to use Netflix Addon in Kodi. I was trying to not use Addon to get ATMOS and even bought a Firestick 4K. Since my display is not HDCP2.2 compliant, it didn’t work.
Finally, I went ahead with Addon and it worked like a charm. The UI is a bit different a bit not-so-user-friendly for some functionalities (e.g. if you have enabled age restriction code for the Netflix content, it will ask for the code for each episode)
Please refer this page to install the same.
Hi,
Tried one kodi addon from some other link it installed and i cant login with my original credentials too and i have a UHD account only.
Will try your link and update :)

View attachment 48661

This has really baffled me. When I am watching Prime Video, the signal is Dolby Digital Plus as you can see from the pic but input signal is in only 2 channels. But when I am watching netflix, hotstar or flicks from my HDD, input signal is 5.1 or 7.1 as per the signal. If I switch it to auto mode by pressing yellow button on my AVR X2600H then for prime the display shows DD Surround that means my AVRs internal are converting 2.0 channels DD+ to 5.1 DD+ but this affects sound quality as the input signal is 2.0

I am using Nvdia shield TV pro and it's sound mode is set to auto with dolby processing. And same is the case with TV's prime app as well if I use my ARC function, the input signal is in 2.0. This is only for Prime Video.

The other apps like hotstar and netflix whose input signal is 5.1 shows only 5.1 correctly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but issue still remains the same. Prime Video CCare says to disconnect HDMI and reconnect it. I have not tried it but I feel that's not the solution. I'll still give it a shot. Any help will highly appreciated.
Somewhere read the post that switching off the dolby processing, will resolve the issue. Could you please try ?

View attachment 48661

Try installing 27 July version of prime video APK.... I too was having same problem but uninstalling new APK & reinstall 27 July APK version will solve your problem..... I have given the link in this discussion.

After trying too many things, I am getting ATMOS (DD+) in Netflix.

The only way to get ATMOS on STV2017, is to use Netflix Addon in Kodi. I was trying to not use Addon to get ATMOS and even bought a Firestick 4K. Since my display is not HDCP2.2 compliant, it didn’t work.
Finally, I went ahead with Addon and it worked like a charm. The UI is a bit different a bit not-so-user-friendly for some functionalities (e.g. if you have enabled age restriction code for the Netflix content, it will ask for the code for each episode)
Please refer this page to install the same.
I installed kodi addon only latest version available 1.8.0 by your given link
My problem is i am unable to login with my original credentials too :(
Tried multiple time

I have been trying to download android 8.2.0 on my shield, it shows downloaded and system gets a restart as well but when it restarts the version does not show the updated one. It shows 8.1 only. Everytime I open update window, it asks me to download the new version. This has happened 3 times. Anyone facing this issue?

I have been trying to download android 8.2.0 on my shield, it shows downloaded and system gets a restart as well but when it restarts the version does not show the updated one. It shows 8.1 only. Everytime I open update window, it asks me to download the new version. This has happened 3 times. Anyone facing this issue?
No issues on my Shield. It is showing 8.2.0. If you have a backup of all the installed apps on Shield, try factory reset as the last resort. Hope this works. All the best.

Did you resolved your old issue regarding Amazon prime??

I am unable to install Hotstar on my Nvidia Shield 2019 edition. Its not appearing on the Google App Store too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back