Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I am unable to install Hotstar on my Nvidia Shield 2019 edition. Its not appearing on the Google App Store too.
this is weird, I have installed it on both Tube as well as pro 2019 version and I just checked my pro2019 version playstore, its available still, it may be cause of wrong location setting or vpn or something.

What is the media player recommended on Shield Pro 2019? Mainly to play content on external USB harddrive attached to shield, content 2160/1080p. Need audio pass-thru without decoding to the AVR thru Shield.

My Ultimate choice will be Plex :D
Running as a family media server (my friends and brother streaming abroad from my server without any issues ;) )

Pls let me know the steps involved, settings/config on the PC and on the Shield TV.
Can we just install Plex and Plex media server on STV without bringing the PC into the picture (I understand remote streaming may not be possilble)?
As much as possible, I would like to do everything on STV and avoid touching the PC, my only requirement is to stream content on harddrive attached to STV.

Pls let me know the steps involved, settings/config on the PC and on the Shield TV.
Can we just install Plex and Plex media server on STV without bringing the PC into the picture (I understand remote streaming may not be possilble)?
As much as possible, I would like to do everything on STV and avoid touching the PC, my only requirement is to stream content on harddrive attached to STV.
Yes there is a way to eliminate PC. I even sold my PC this month after setting up my shield to watch movies and tv shows.

How, thalaivaa?
Hahaha. Kodi lets you install add ons for watching movies and tv shows. Once you install the add on you need to subscribe to real debrid which is a paid service. 1400 rs for 6 months. You can stream Movies and tv shows directly or you can also download them to the local HD attached to the shield. If you want to know in detail PM me I’ll share the links

Running as a family media server (my friends and brother streaming abroad from my server without any issues ;) )
That's good to hear. I have struggling with Plex on my nVidia shield (2015) ever since. It's not that it does not work, but quite often the server goes missing and then requiring reconfiguring. There are times when even the Shield could not connect to the plex server running on it. This seems like a reported thing, since there are tons of threads on it. But not sure if there has been any resolution....I did not watch anything on Plex for last 2 months I guess

Yes that includes custom, pro for 14k is a steal, it's hardly ever in stock and its price is $200 so should be 15k atleast.
Hi I'm getting only 2.0 on prime video on my n vidia shield though the title shows its5.1 . Netflix is fine with Atmos.

Hi guys, even I'm only getting 2.0 on my Shield Pro even though title shows 5.1. Actually, previously there were a couple of titles with Atmos like Jack Ryan but now that also not coming.

Back