Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

First one is 2019 latest model ($199) with 16 gb storage. The second one is older 2017 model ($299) and it has 500 gb memory with a game controller in the box. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response, it definitely helps.
One related question, the product says it ships to India. Is that cost inclusive of customs duty?

The Nvidia Shield was showing 23.5K( including customs) 2 weeks back. Today i was shocked to see 31K . Did India government increase customs/duty rates? Now can only wait for someone to come from USA and carry that for me. Unfortunately that would be next year because of the COVID pandemic.

23k is still very costly. If you are not in a dire need, then wait and get it from abroad. You will get it for half the figure of 23k from US or Canada.

Best thing is to buy during the year fall. Some Crazy prices during that time.
I got my Shield from Canada for 250$ in October, some days after in November it went down to 180$.

23k is still very costly. If you are not in a dire need, then wait and get it from abroad. You will get it for half the figure of 23k from US or Canada.

Best thing is to buy during the year fall. Some Crazy prices during that time.
I got my Shield from Canada for 250$ in October, some days after in November it went down to 180$.
Problem is no one will travel from US to India coz of this COVID . Interim solution: long hdmi cable from PC to Denon x2600h and use Kodi 19 matrix for HDR and Dolby trueHD passthrough.

The Nvidia Shield was showing 23.5K( including customs) 2 weeks back. Today i was shocked to see 31K . Did India government increase customs/duty rates? Now can only wait for someone to come from USA and carry that for me. Unfortunately that would be next year because of the COVID pandemic.
Yeah it seems like they have hiked the custom and taxes considerably now, I myself bout 2019 tube as well as pro from amazon.com in March and paid 17k for tube and around 23k for pro version.

any one got dolby atmos(DD+) in netflix with 2017 edition ? just getting POLK RC60i for my over heads(on the way from UK) so trying to get somethings to work.Everything works perfectly in PLEX without any issues though

my Suggestion cant u try Ethernet? if possible since u said its very close to router
Shield and router on line of sight but seperated by two doors and a passage in big living room. No way I can run cable. More over last one month I never had any wifi drop issue after address reservation done on router.

any one got dolby atmos(DD+) in netflix with 2017 edition ? just getting POLK RC60i for my over heads(on the way from UK) so trying to get somethings to work.Everything works perfectly in PLEX without any issues though
After trying too many things, I am getting ATMOS (DD+) in Netflix.

The only way to get ATMOS on STV2017, is to use Netflix Addon in Kodi. I was trying to not use Addon to get ATMOS and even bought a Firestick 4K. Since my display is not HDCP2.2 compliant, it didn’t work.
Finally, I went ahead with Addon and it worked like a charm. The UI is a bit different a bit not-so-user-friendly for some functionalities (e.g. if you have enabled age restriction code for the Netflix content, it will ask for the code for each episode)
Please refer this page to install the same.

Image-1.jpg

I am reposting my issue again which I have posted in another group.

This has really baffled me. When I am watching Prime Video, the signal is Dolby Digital Plus as you can see from the pic but input signal is in only 2 channels. But when I am watching netflix, hotstar or flicks from my HDD, input signal is 5.1 or 7.1 as per the signal. If I switch it to auto mode by pressing yellow button on my AVR X2600H then for prime the display shows DD Surround that means my AVRs internal are converting 2.0 channels DD+ to 5.1 DD+ but this affects sound quality as the input signal is 2.0

I am using Nvdia shield TV pro and it's sound mode is set to auto with dolby processing. And same is the case with TV's prime app as well if I use my ARC function, the input signal is in 2.0. This is only for Prime Video.

The other apps like hotstar and netflix whose input signal is 5.1 shows only 5.1 correctly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but issue still remains the same. Prime Video CCare says to disconnect HDMI and reconnect it. I have not tried it but I feel that's not the solution. I'll still give it a shot. Any help will highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 48661

I am reposting my issue again which I have posted in another group.

This has really baffled me. When I am watching Prime Video, the signal is Dolby Digital Plus as you can see from the pic but input signal is in only 2 channels. But when I am watching netflix, hotstar or flicks from my HDD, input signal is 5.1 or 7.1 as per the signal. If I switch it to auto mode by pressing yellow button on my AVR X2600H then for prime the display shows DD Surround that means my AVRs internal are converting 2.0 channels DD+ to 5.1 DD+ but this affects sound quality as the input signal is 2.0

I am using Nvdia shield TV pro and it's sound mode is set to auto with dolby processing. And same is the case with TV's prime app as well if I use my ARC function, the input signal is in 2.0. This is only for Prime Video.

The other apps like hotstar and netflix whose input signal is 5.1 shows only 5.1 correctly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but issue still remains the same. Prime Video CCare says to disconnect HDMI and reconnect it. I have not tried it but I feel that's not the solution. I'll still give it a shot. Any help will highly appreciated.

Wrt Amazon prime, they have dropped support Dolby vision / Dolby atmos from their library or other. Refer to below link

Titles like Jack Ryan which were released in Dolby Atmos are now streaming only in DD+ 5.1 without atmos

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back