Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-06 at 14.59.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-06 at 14.59.32.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 26
I use Best Match, never bothered to check the difference. So you noticed difference between 2 different settings in 2 different Shield models;)? Did a quick search to find this in Kodi forums,

Attaching my configuration for reference, used this with help from @sijusid .

Kodi wiki suggest,

After changing to pro I felt something was different so I cross checked the settings with both pro and old model.

Yes, it supports effortlessly. I'm using 5TB Seagate to watch blueray rips on Kodi. Cheers.
Alrite thanks, am planning for Nvidia shield from US, my 5TB is not recognised by existing Himedia player, also just for info why to use kodi on shield !!

Alrite thanks, am planning for Nvidia shield from US, my 5TB is not recognised by existing Himedia player, also just for info why to use kodi on shield !!
it's to play your media and movies from your HDD on nvidia shield. it's wonderful system and organises your media and uploads all the metadata on it's own. But it's more than that and you'll discover it once you start using it.

It happened on 3 occassions. My NSP 2019 suddenly went blank and started showing something looks like when we had no signal from antenna during our doordarshan days ( we used to describe it as mosquitoes playing around on TV screen)

Did anyone face this issue?

It happened on 3 occassions. My NSP 2019 suddenly went blank and started showing something looks like when we had no signal from antenna during our doordarshan days ( we used to describe it as mosquitoes playing around on TV screen)

Haven’t faced it in my shield pro. It may be a handshake issue as well

I faced this once, not sure how. Might be handshake issue as mentioned above.

How to change audio language on Kodi while playing a movie and also turn on/off subtitles other than going into settings. Any add-ons needs to be installed.

How to change audio language on Kodi while playing a movie and also turn on/off subtitles other than going into settings. Any add-ons needs to be installed.
Use the Kodi menu options to change the language, assuming the file has multiple language options. Same for subtitles.

Use the Kodi menu options to change the language, assuming the file has multiple language options. Same for subtitles.
I am not seeing any menu options when the movie is paused. Yes, the files have multi audio languages and subtitles. Currently I forced to play english as default audio language in the settings. My mom wants to see movies in Telugu and I don't know how to change the audio language. Please help me.

I am not seeing any menu options when the movie is paused. Yes, the files have multi audio languages and subtitles. Currently I forced to play english as default audio language in the settings. My mom wants to see movies in Telugu and I don't know how to change the audio language. Please help me.
Hi,
After the movie is paused, you can see there is a "settings" symbol at the extreme below right. Go to that link. You will see the Audio settings in it. In it, you will find the various audio language. Select the desired language.

Hi All, Im trying to access usb Hdd on Nvidea shield on home network , i am able read the files but can not write anything . Even when i download subtitles on VLC player its not getting saved on USB hdd. Did anyone tried this or faced this problem? Need solution.

Hi All, Im trying to access usb Hdd on Nvidea shield on home network , i am able read the files but can not write anything . Even when i download subtitles on VLC player its not getting saved on USB hdd. Did anyone tried this or faced this problem? Need solution.
I think it's a known issue. I think Shield mounts the USB drives read-only to any app. I found that only the folder nvidia_shield is accessible as writable from Kodi.
If anyone had overcome this issue I am happy to hear.
Edit:
Look out for more info

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and link, Now i have changed my 8TB USB HDD to internal storage in nvidea , though its showing only 2TB as available space . But now I am able to read/write through network though speed is slow (75-25 MB/s). This is good work around for time being.

I am not able to chromecast anything from my mobile to shield. I had success once when I set up the shield and it never worked after. I tried from my wife's mobile as well. Does anyone have similar issue? Any solutions?

I tried this as shield doesn't have native amzon music, installing from aptiode store didn't help as well. Later I tried to chromecast from YouTube from my mobile, which failed as well.

Adding to this, I am still facing this weird Chromecast issue. It would work most of the times and one fine day mobile will not be able to connect to Shield. I have to uninstall the updates of Chromecast and install again to fix this issue. This is fine for most of the times, but if I dont want to switch on my TV say I want to cast songs from mobile, this would be a problem I have go and switch on the television. Since there is a workaround didn't bother much.
Another issue is with casting using PowerAmp, when it connects sometimes it wont play the songs, it would keep skipping to play from the start.
- I will have to change songs few times to work.
- If the above doesn't work then I have to stop casting and start again.
- If the above doesn't work then I quit.
Does anyone else use PowerAmp for its casting feature, would like to understand your experience as well.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back