Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

looks like you got a defective piece. Still in warranty?
Unlikely as 500Gb version came out in 2015/2017 I believe, now they come in 32gb /64Gb only, Issue could be power brick related so if possible try checking a new power supply.

I am having an issue with the shield pro remote. Every time I fire up the unit, the remote doesn't work. I have to remove the batteries and replace for the unit to recognize the remote. The battery strength shows full. Any solutions to above issue?
Cheers,
Sid

I am having an issue with the shield pro remote. Every time I fire up the unit, the remote doesn't work. I have to remove the batteries and replace for the unit to recognize the remote. The battery strength shows full. Any solutions to above issue?
Cheers,
Sid
I had this issue sometime back. Removing and pairing the remote worked for me

I tried this 2-3 times, it didn't work. However this worked:
Cheers,
Sid
Oh great something worked. I assumed removing and pairing the remote is almost similar to factory reset. I had the same issue last week and I just removed the batteries and installed the same batteries once again which resolved the issue.So now we have 3 possible solutions:)

Yes now Plex server is working fine .
btw a bit unrelated but can I root nvidia shield and just install my own os to forego any limitations or boundaries imposed by nvidia?
I am sure this is not like apple and almost everything is open to user but I still want to know this so that I know my options if I end up travelling and getting one in my next visit

btw a bit unrelated but can I root nvidia shield and just install my own os to forego any limitations or boundaries imposed by nvidia?
I am sure this is not like apple and almost everything is open to user but I still want to know this so that I know my options if I end up travelling and getting one in my next visit
Sorry i have no Idea .I'm not tech person . with so much difficulty i could install Plex server yesterday .it's working v good.surely better than kodi.
Let someone who has knowledge about this answer.

I've noticed that when playing youtube I can see all 5+1 inputs being blue, but remember only front 2 speakers playing audio. Does youtube TV started supporting Dolby or 5.1 formats? Did anyone else notice the same?

Note: I've not yet updated to 9.0.1 currently running 9.0

I did update the shield to 9.0.1, seems to be more stable now, also was able to use kodi for the first time ( couldn't figure it out the last time and just started to use plex, which was easy to setup)
but when i saw the same video on both i found kodi to be better in terms of video
is this difference in my head or the settings? all settings being untouched is kodi better than plex in terms of playing video?
although was not able to play atmos on kodi ( it showed a max of 7.2 setup and no options for atmos speakers to be enabled)

I did update the shield to 9.0.1, seems to be more stable now, also was able to use kodi for the first time ( couldn't figure it out the last time and just started to use plex, which was easy to setup)
but when i saw the same video on both i found kodi to be better in terms of video
is this difference in my head or the settings? all settings being untouched is kodi better than plex in terms of playing video?
although was not able to play atmos on kodi ( it showed a max of 7.2 setup and no options for atmos speakers to be enabled)
Pm me will guide you Atmos setup on kodi

if you get some time please do spend 1 day learning kodi. There are a lot of youtube tutorials for kodi as well...it will change your life...i have tried plex on and off for past 5 years to ensure I am not missing anything...I have been a kodi user for past 10 years. there is simply no comparison at all, kodi is much better,

PS: I am not just saying these things I have a plex lifetime pass but I still prefer kodi (till now). I do like the inbuilt library management in plex better though.

if you get some time please do spend 1 day learning kodi. There are a lot of youtube tutorials for kodi as well...it will change your life...i have tried plex on and off for past 5 years to ensure I am not missing anything...I have been a kodi user for past 10 years. there is simply no comparison at all, kodi is much better,

PS: I am not just saying these things I have a plex lifetime pass but I still prefer kodi (till now). I do like the inbuilt library management in plex better though.
The way Plex arranges movies is definitely better

What benefits that you are looking for?

you need to enable pass through in expert mode audio settings.
got the audio working, Thank you!
and reiterating that visuals are surely better on kodi compared to plex, if anyone is on the edge about which one to use

i could add all my movies but couldn't add tv shows from my htpc, is there a particular addon which works for tv shows specifically?

got the audio working, Thank you!
and reiterating that visuals are surely better on kodi compared to plex, if anyone is on the edge about which one to use

i could add all my movies but couldn't add tv shows from my htpc, is there a particular addon which works for tv shows specifically?
usually tv shows work by themselves well as long as it is organized...you can try Ember media manager for a lot of options...EMM surely works as I use it to arrange my library

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back