Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Folks who use the Nvidia shield pro - do you suspect there'd any noticeable difference in the picture processing b/w

• Nvidia shield to play 4k content ( over plex, kodi-usb)
  • TV's own USB port ( the tv doesnt do DTS and TrueHD , but I can always find alternative files )​
Aim is to play the varied Blueray 4k rips ( 15 gb - 60 gb rips) acquired from non reputable sources.

Folks who use the Nvidia shield pro - do you suspect there'd any noticeable difference in the picture processing b/w

• Nvidia shield to play 4k content ( over plex, kodi-usb)
  • TV's own USB port ( the tv doesnt do DTS and TrueHD , but I can always find alternative files )​
Aim is to play the varied Blueray 4k rips ( 15 gb - 60 gb rips) acquired from non reputable sources.
If you have an avr set up and want to play local files over usb, shield is an excellent choice. Upscaling is better and support all audio formats.

Any black friday deals? Which one`s latest model (pro) to get from US? Any amazon links would be helpful.

It is available in india for 25k(some sellers selling). Why are you trying to import. Any specific reason ?
22k is certain and shipping time thru amazon would be 15 days. One can't trust these sellers as their quote ranges from 25 k to 28 k.

If you have an avr set up and want to play local files over usb, shield is an excellent choice. Upscaling is better and support all audio formats.
Is the upscaling any better than your AVR or TV/ Projector ? I guess the AVR also has an upscaler and so does the TV/ PJ ?

Is the upscaling any better than your AVR or TV/ Projector ? I guess the AVR also has an upscaler and so does the TV/ PJ ?

Definitely. I can barely notice the difference sometimes between a 4K source and a good 1080P source upscaled to 4K by the 2015 Shield Pro. But the adage garbage in-garbage out applies, so it won't do wonders for a crappy one. The Shield Pro's USP is providing a superior picture compared to other streaming devices which cost much less and also to AVR's/TV's in which upscaling is not the primary job. It doesn't disappoint.

Guys i am finding the streaming audio quality on my lg oled bx (on netflix and hotstar) to be superior than that on the shield.
I dont understand what would be the issue.
I thought shield would be superior in streaming as well.

Guys i am finding the streaming audio quality on my lg oled bx (on netflix and hotstar) to be superior than that on the shield.
I dont understand what would be the issue.
I thought shield would be superior in streaming as well.
OTT I found the shield and my c9 to be more or less the same interms of audio. I don’t like audio in either and prefer to use the shield only for blu ray contents. If you like the OTT in ur bx to be superior then better you stick with the tv apps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back