Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

got the audio working, Thank you!
and reiterating that visuals are surely better on kodi compared to plex, if anyone is on the edge about which one to use

i could add all my movies but couldn't add tv shows from my htpc, is there a particular addon which works for tv shows specifically?
You need to set your library in kodi.Movies and tv shows will have a separate library in kodi and you need to set the path

You need to set your library in kodi.Movies and tv shows will have a separate library in kodi and you need to set the path
i tried doing that, but when i go to the folder where the tv shows are it just shows blank, i am trying to rename all the folders and files and see if that works, will also add EMM and see as suggested by @msankadi

Hi,
Last time tried kodi it worked fine but it broke my amazon prime app multichannel audio and prime went to PCM
I know its weird and to my surprise after deleting kodi prime audio is back to DD+ dont now why
Will update my shield and try kodi this weekend :)

usually tv shows work by themselves well as long as it is organized...you can try Ember media manager for a lot of options...EMM surely works as I use it to arrange my library
Not able to find EMM in add-ons in Kodi, is there another way to install it?

i tried doing that, but when i go to the folder where the tv shows are it just shows blank, i am trying to rename all the folders and files and see if that works, will also add EMM and see as suggested by @msankadi
I am guessing you are doing something wrong here. Where have you stored the TV shows? Hard disk or trying to access via local network ?

Not able to find EMM in add-ons in Kodi, is there another way to install it?
Hi Google for ember media manager. It is a separate exe program that you need to install

A fair warning that it is no super user friendly with many options. It is open source

If you want something more refined you can go for tiny media manager which if I remember right became paid

Hi Google for ember media manager. It is a separate exe program that you need to install

A fair warning that it is no super user friendly with many options. It is open source

If you want something more refined you can go for tiny media manager which if I remember right became paid
Install it on my HTPC or shield?

Install it on my HTPC or shield?
You will need to run ember media manager as a program. I doubt it will be available on android so you will have to run it on your htpc.

Basically it will create folders and info files in oversimplified terms along with your media so that kodi can read and index it properly

One quick side track question here. From the online searches I could see the last release of the product was in 2019. Don't Nvidia refresh the product with new features. I was thinking to buy this. But, since it's 3 year from the last release, skeptical that if they will release any new hardware in near future.

One quick side track question here. From the online searches I could see the last release of the product was in 2019. Don't Nvidia refresh the product with new features. I was thinking to buy this. But, since it's 3 year from the last release, skeptical that if they will release any new hardware in near future.
Nvidia shield is already a powerful device for medial playback and streaming. Unless there is a new video format released that needs more hardware power. Or a new feature to do some of the enhanced video processing for HDR content etc…. And I highly doubt of any HW refresh due to current chips availability issue

I saw below on the asr forum today, can any Nvidia owner confirm if it is true?
I have the 2017 version. Today I received the Android 11 update. In the device controls under Advanced Sound options now the Shield allows to pass all the audio untouched over HDMI. Checked on my Onkyo TX-8270 receiver and it's effectively passing all audio on its native frequency: I have sideloaded Apple Music, Amazon Music, Qobuz, Roon, Idagio and USB Audio Player Pro and it changes to the original: 16/44.1, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176.4, 24/192
I think this puts the Nvidia Shield as a serious and versatile streamer option

Under advanced sound setting there is an option "Match content audio resolution" Which when enabled says 'Preserve audio bit depth and sampling rate over HDMI'. I think if that is what you mean.
Even apple's own devices (apart from iphone and ipad) don't do this properly. This feature makes the nvidia shield a better device than the ATV (which forces all audio at 48K). This is good news. I was looking for something that could play apple music lossless and bit-perfect.

Folks I have a Shield TV 2017 model. It has a random reboot issue (its fairly common and well documented in the official Nvidia forums). This is caused by a faulty power supply unit and I have ruled out any particular app or software issue causing this after extensive research. The reboot usually occurs after after 3-4 hours of extended watching and sometimes once in 2-3 days; hence the random prefix. Nvidia doesn't sell an after-market PSU (can you believe this) and the PSU has a proprietary pin in this day and age of USB 3. They however ship a free replacement but only to a US address! Since I bought my unit in the US, they did ship one for free to my niece in the US. Unfortunately, she doesn't look like coming to India any time soon. A courier option is quite expensive (upwards of USD 30) and possibly more expensive than the PSU itself. Has anyone faced a faulty power supply issue and if so, is there an after-market option to the power supply adapter? Others have suggested using laptop power adapters with the same ratings and then crimping the Nvidia pin to this but there's no guarantee from anyone that this has worked without a glitch.

Cheers
Harsha

Has anybody able to get accurate bitrate from Plex on Nvidia Shield?

It always resample the audio to 48kHz. However, if I use Kodi then it correctly plays at the right frequency.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back