Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Im also facing same issues with Aha and Zee5 App. Now RRR movie also logo showing 4K and Dolby atmos but while playing not getting either 5.1 or Atmos in AVR.. Could you resolve your issue with Aha and Zee5 apps for Dolby audio?
Even the technical teams of Aha & Zee5 could not help. I am using my friend's MiBox 4k and the apps are running smoothly without any glitches in it. I am using nvidia shield for playing brrips, prime video & netflix.

That's weird. Are you on the latest update?

I will suggest to check with forums at Nvidia.
Yepp recently only it was updated. Many forums don't hv a workaround. Checked. It's a blocker from nvidia's end due to some other feature support. They should get share it app.

I thought of getting a shield instead of a planned htpc. Now I'm not sure.
I'm sure there's a way yet needed to be found. For now i hv an OTG pendrive 256 GB sufficient for day to day use. Just prefer wireless transfer.

That's a smart way, though time consuming. Hope they fix the issue.
Yepp... wireless is best n convenient n permanent solution. OTG is very fast though just one additional step to connect to phone then again to nvidia. Wireless would be like seemles. Nothing doing 😋

I am headphones guy, too. So convenient, and with just aptX I am more than happy.

That said, I prefer a full fledged system. But it can't beat headphones for late night binge watching sessions.

Depends of use case scenario. I too like HPs and yes they're colder so good n unbeatable. But I can watch 5.1 at nights too. So works alright. I do hv a back up BT hp as stand by in case needed. For most part i prefer my speakers when possible.

Even the technical teams of Aha & Zee5 could not help. I am using my friend's MiBox 4k and the apps are running smoothly without any glitches in it. I am using nvidia shield for playing brrips, prime video & netflix.
In Aha Dolby audio problem is solved after uninstalling Kodi App. Now Dolby audio working fine in Aha.
In Zee5 with Nvidia shield TV (2018) my observation is during streaming Movies with 4K titles ( like RRR, Jhund, Jersey etc.,) audio is coming only in stereo even the logo shows Dolby audio. And while streaming non 4K movies with Dolby audio ( Like Kashmir files, Radhe shyam , Simba etc.,) Audio is coming in Dolby audio without any problem..why this problem with 4K content for Dolby audio in Zee5?

In Aha Dolby audio problem is solved after uninstalling Kodi App. Now Dolby audio working fine in Aha.
In Zee5 with Nvidia shield TV (2018) my observation is during streaming Movies with 4K titles ( like RRR, Jhund, Jersey etc.,) audio is coming only in stereo even the logo shows Dolby audio. And while streaming non 4K movies with Dolby audio ( Like Kashmir files, Radhe shyam , Simba etc.,) Audio is coming in Dolby audio without any problem..why this problem with 4K content for Dolby audio in Zee5?
Thank you for updating. I checked "Bheemla Nayak" & "Ghani" in aha app yesterday using Shield. The sound was in Dolby audio and its working fine now.
Regarding Zee5, I couldn't comprehend but you guessed it correctly. This might be the issue. My TV is 4k compatible and I connected both MiBox as well as Shield to the same TV. MiBox is able to play both 4k & non-4k easily with dolby audio but not Shield.

Is your TV/projector 4K ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back