Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

If it is a HD issue you should have the same issues with plex as well. I would suggest you give plex a shot before investing on a powered HD.
I already have a 2tb external powered HDD, will check it out this week. I just watched a 3 gb file which had no issues even after I paused for 10 min.
Cheers,
Sid

I already have a 2tb external powered HDD, will check it out this week. I just watched a 3 gb file which had no issues even after I paused for 10 min.
Cheers,
Sid
Oh great do let us know the results. Even now for me most movies work flawless in kodi. Streaming 50-100gb files using RD or from HD also is smooth. But few movies stored in HD is always causing it to hang. So for the movies that hang on kodi I am using plex.

Need help. SonyLIV is not working on Shield Pro. Its just not loading. I have cleared the data / cache, uninstalled and installed again and is not at all working. Any clue?

Kodi v19.3 was hanging frequently. I downloaded 19.4 (which is not available on google play store) and it seems to be working smoother and faster now. Though I noticed that if I pause a movie for a long time - 5 minutes or more - it still hangs when I try to replay. Has anyone experienced this on their shield pro? and any solution to this issue? I am running latest android (11 I think on the shield).
Cheers,
Sid
Is it a good idea to install previous version of Kodi (17.x or 18.x) if they were trouble free?

Best is to provide a wired ethernet connection to Nvidia..I have created a NAS and playing all 4K movies from the NAS to KODi some 715 movies and 2021 music albums..No Lag or any buffering issues.

Best is to provide a wired ethernet connection to Nvidia..I have created a NAS and playing all 4K movies from the NAS to KODi some 715 movies and 2021 music albums..No Lag or any buffering issues.
I have wired LAN connected to Nvidia shield and media is Netgear NAS. Everything is connected through Giganit LAN but it still hangs. Mine is Shield Pro 2019 model.

Which Nvidia firmware you are on?

Kodi v19.3 was hanging frequently. I downloaded 19.4 (which is not available on google play store) and it seems to be working smoother and faster now. Though I noticed that if I pause a movie for a long time - 5 minutes or more - it still hangs when I try to replay. Has anyone experienced this on their shield pro? and any solution to this issue? I am running latest android (11 I think on the shield).
Cheers,
Sid
Even I do hve issues with Kodi v19.3. Sometimes the screen goes black when you clear cache files or when you pause it for a while. Shield has to be shut off from mains and has to be restarted for it to resume normally.
If v19.4 is a better option then I too will update the same. Thank you.

Regards
Nitin

Even I do hve issues with Kodi v19.3. Sometimes the screen goes black when you clear cache files or when you pause it for a while. Shield has to be shut off from mains and has to be restarted for it to resume normally.

Regards
Nitin
I have been using v19.4 for past 3-4 weeks. It is definitely better than v19.3 except for the pause issue everything else is smooth. I have to run a few experiments to see if I can fix this pause issue, will revert back after I have done that.
Cheers,
Sid

Regards
Nitin

I have had my screen go black a few times with Emby player. Never occurred with Kodi for me. I'm running Kodi 19.4(Matrix)
Scenario:
Emby server running on Pi, movie files stored/hosted on pi. Shield Pro and Pi hard wired to router.
While watching a movie through Emby player on Shield. Sometimes when i hit back or home to return to the home screen, the screen goes black. Only way out is to hard reboot the shield.(unplug/plug power cable).

I have been using v19.4 for past 3-4 weeks. It is definitely better than v19.3 except for the pause issue everything else is smooth. I have to run a few experiments to see if I can fix this pause issue, will revert back after I have done that.
Cheers,
Sid
Thanks Sid, other than that I find Shield to be great. Pretty much plays anything you throw at it.

Sometimes when i hit back or home to return to the home screen, the screen goes black. Only way out is to hard reboot the shield.(unplug/plug power cable).
Yes Osci, hard boot is the only way for me too.

Hi,
I am unable to play 5.1 on hotstar(shield tv) . Was working fine till a few days back. Does any one have the same prblm?

Hello all, i've some strange issue with my New shield tv in terms of audio out-put, i was using H96pro+ Tv Box before, i've a good movie collections on my external hard drive
which has the audio formats of HDMA & TrueHD formats, i also connect to my AVR through HDMI(ARC) from my TV,

well my tv's media-player is great it plays most of the video-audio formats through USB but the only problem with ARC was even though when i play HDMA or TrueHD format file all it does is it converts into DTS or Dolby Digital+ format and i get to see the display on my AVR but the sound out is really great when it played, hence i felt that may be m missing something in terms of HDMA & TrueHD audio and i got my H96pro+ as per some of our FM's reviews and comments, I've installed Kodi as my media player to play all my files and Wow i got to see all the supported formats displayed on my AVR as HDMA & TrueHD when i played the respective files and the sound quality was great as expected was able to hear more details than what i use to hear it on my TV's ARC,

The problem i faced with my H96pro+ was since i have an 4kTV it could play files perfect only if i set the screen resolution to 1080p on H96pro+ if i leave to auto setting or set it to 4k i was losing the lip sync on the videos i watched, i tried several Kodi app versions still did not work for me after doing an research finally got my Nvidia Shiled Tv and i gave away my H96pro+ because of setting the screen resolution to 1080p on the H96pro+ the display looked little washed out than looking in 4k resolution which was more colorful & Detail.

Now the problem that i've with the Nvidia Shield Tv is it plays all the format files with no issues, tried several kodi 18 apps but didn't support well exploring more...,
meanwhile noticed the audio quality is not that great, i mean the audio out put from the AVR is not that great not even close to the audio what i get from my HDMI(ARC),
I even played through the default shiled's media player i could see the display on my AVR it shows up HDMA & TrueHD display when i play the respective files but i feel so bad i could not get the right sound what i was expecting from the player, there was one kodi 18 app i was able to install with out any problem but the problem i had with that app was irrespective of the file format HDMA or TrueHD i played all i got the display on my AVR was only Dolby Digital+ and the audio out put was very low same as what i got when i played through the default Shield's media player.. even when i play any movie form Netflix on shield its shows as DD+ and low sound output.

sorry to wright a big story but wanted to share my complete experience so that i could get some suggestions from our FM's, is there any setting that i should do on my shield Tv? to fix the issue please give in your suggestions.. Thanks in advance.
Kindly let me know how to set Atmos output from Nvidia shield

Back