Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Anyone experiencing issues with Plex Media Server on nvidia shield TV? I have to uninstall updates for both PMS and Plex app almost every other week, and then rebuild the library again. Tired of doing this for many years since I bought in 2015. Is there any trick to this? I think the issue is with PMS on shield, because it randomly goes offline and does not come back until uninstalling updates that will reset it to factory settings.

So far I have been using Kodi as a backup...

Lately I am having audio drop out while watching movies only from kodi. It’s like for a brief second Audio is lost and resumes. It happens once in every 2 or 3 minutes for the entire movie. What could be the issue?

Thanks for confirming. I checked with a fm who has 2021 Apple TV and it supports 5.1 in pcm and not dolby. I checked earc using the app in my LG c9 tv and it supports 5.1 dolby audio. Not only aha but zee5 is also supporting 5.1 through earc. So going to use tv apps instead of shield.

Thanks for confirming. I checked with a fm who has 2021 Apple TV and it supports 5.1 in pcm and not dolby. I checked earc using the app in my LG c9 tv and it supports 5.1 dolby audio. Not only aha but zee5 is also supporting 5.1 through earc. So going to use tv apps instead of shield.
Hello Folks, I have Nvidea Shield TV 2022 Pro model and have realized OTT apps like HS and APV are supporting atmos audio but not HDR and Vision. Where as my TV Sony X95 K is showing doloby atmos , vision and HDR .. Happy to continue using TV as the source APP and connect via Earc to ARC receiver.

Lately I am having audio drop out while watching movies only from kodi. It’s like for a brief second Audio is lost and resumes. It happens once in every 2 or 3 minutes for the entire movie. What could be the issue?
Its an issue with Shield update and kodi...I'm having the same issues too only with 4K videos with true HD audio ....check this tread in kodi forums they are providing some solutions to the latest nightly builds, I'm about to test them and see if the issue is actually solved

forum_kodi_tv/showthread.php?tid=371292

Replace _ with dot

Download the kodi build mentioned in pg no 58

Anyone experiencing issues with Plex Media Server on nvidia shield TV? I have to uninstall updates for both PMS and Plex app almost every other week, and then rebuild the library again. Tired of doing this for many years since I bought in 2015. Is there any trick to this? I think the issue is with PMS on shield, because it randomly goes offline and does not come back until uninstalling updates that will reset it to factory settings.

So far I have been using Kodi as a backup...
if u keep shield in sleep it sometimes happening restart the shield ll fix this issue

Amazon Fire TV Stick remote works great with Nvidia Shield. In fact I rarely take out my original remote and use a spare fire tv stick normally.
Hi,

Can we use Fire TV stick remote for Shield as well as Fire TV stick (FTS) at the same time? My shield remote is not working but I am also using FTS for OTT purpose. So, can i use remote for both?

Hi,

Can we use Fire TV stick remote for Shield as well as Fire TV stick (FTS) at the same time? My shield remote is not working but I am also using FTS for OTT purpose. So, can i use remote for both?
I don't think so. But you can try.

Pair the remote with Shield and if it does not work with FTS and you want to revert. use FTS Remote app to again pair it with your FTS.

Hi, new guy here. I've had the shield for about 4 years. The Pro is great at video, but the audio has always been a bit lacking, especially through USB Audio. I currently use the HDMI to my Sony TV and optical out of the Sony to my DAC. This works pretty good. I recently got a Linear Power Supply that is compatible with the Shield on Ebay from China. As it turns out the Shield only uses the positive and negative leads from the power supply so if you can find a compatible connector, you can terminate your own DC cable use many different power supplies. Link to the one I got follows:

Upgrade 40W DC19V 2.1A Linear Power supply for NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019)

If you are familiar with Linear Power Supply upgrades, what this does will be familiar. For audio: deeper soundstage, greater dynamics, transparency, bigger better defined bass, cleaner more extended highs. I've always thought the Shield had a bit of a muffled diffuse sound, especially in the midrange, but this really helps that quality. In terms of video, it does improve video with better saturation and black levels, a bit more natural image, but its doesn't come close to the audio improvements.

Hi, is the nvidia shield pro available in amazon India legit to buy? NO more importing?
Unable to find the link but its same as in .com but will be way too expensive , from amazon.com you can import one for around 22-23k depending on USD rate, not sure how much its available for in .in currently, earlier it used to be over 25k.

Unable to find the link but its same as in .com but will be way too expensive , from amazon.com you can import one for around 22-23k depending on USD rate, not sure how much its available for in .in currently, earlier it used to be over 25k.
I had bought from Amazon.com for around 24K a year ago. Infact in december 2021 if I am not mistaken, there was a discount during Christmas working out to around 18k inr which I had missed.

Last edited:
Hi ,
Any one facing this issue?
Plex media server not starting
Tried clearing cache as well as reboot
Nothing popping up under plex client - settings - plex media server (empty)
Tried force stop and reopening app

I am using Shield TV pro for the past 6 months . I am getting atmos from Netflix and prime. Yesterday I subscribed to Apple TV+. I was getting only stereo and not Atmos. What shall I do to get atmos from app tv +?

Hi ,
Any one facing this issue?
Plex media server not starting
Tried clearing cache as well as reboot
Nothing popping up under plex client - settings - plex media server (empty)
Tried force stop and reopening app
I faced something similar. I was not able to start the server with all different things I tried (including client app uninstall/reinstall), that was about my Shield TV Pro was not used for about 6+ months. Eventually, I uninstalled-reinstalled the server component and then it started again. If you still see the problem, try that and that may help.

Back