Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I faced something similar. I was not able to start the server with all different things I tried (including client app uninstall/reinstall), that was about my Shield TV Pro was not used for about 6+ months. Eventually, I uninstalled-reinstalled the server component and then it started again. If you still see the problem, try that and that may help.
Hi, Reinstalling the PLEX Media Server Fixed the Problem but have to change the name of my server and also reshare it my friends of my new server

I'm having a really weird issue with my Nvidia shield lately (first time using in months) Works fine on display 1 (TV) , however even playing at the same time, display 2 (projector) syncs okay (shows resolution and seemingly stable) but the entire screen just shows black. So TV shows picture fine but projector is showing black screen even in home screen. I even tried going down to 1080p and it occurs even on home screen.

I'm having a really weird issue with my Nvidia shield lately (first time using in months) Works fine on display 1 (TV) , however even playing at the same time, display 2 (projector) syncs okay (shows resolution and seemingly stable) but the entire screen just shows black. So TV shows picture fine but projector is showing black screen even in home screen. I even tried going down to 1080p and it occurs even on home screen.

I am not clear what you mean by "even playing at the same time". Are you using some kind of a HDMI splitter that shares the source to both TV and Projector? If yes, then the splitter is likely the culprit here. Try a direct connection to the projector to rule out HDCP/handshake issues.

If no to the above, this sounds more like an HDMI issue...I would first try with the same HDMI cable used with the TV if you have not tried that yet. If the HDMI to your projector is considerably longer in lenght than the connection to your TV, make sure its a high quality and certified HDMI because low quality ones suffer to sync video in longer lenghts.

Hi everyone, My Nvidia shield pro 2019 has stopped working all of sudden. When I was watching a movie, it gave a pink screen and switched off and is not turning on at all. I just got it brought by a friend from US last year (just completing a year).
Since sending back to US is no longer an option, is there any repair shop in Hyderabad where I can get it checked.

Hi everyone, My Nvidia shield pro 2019 has stopped working all of sudden. When I was watching a movie, it gave a pink screen and switched off and is not turning on at all. I just got it brought by a friend from US last year (just completing a year).
Since sending back to US is no longer an option, is there any repair shop in Hyderabad where I can get it checked.

Just for information. I got my nvidia shield repaired in hyd. Local tv shop identified its an issue with shorting of power module and replaced with similar one. All sorted.

Hello All
Anyone having issues with the shield tv pro remote? I tried everything to make it work but in vain. Performed factory reset on remote, unpaired & repaired again. But no avail. Your help will highly appreciated.

Hello All
Anyone having issues with the shield tv pro remote? I tried everything to make it work but in vain. Performed factory reset on remote, unpaired & repaired again. But no avail. Your help will highly appreciated.
If your TV supports HDMI-CEC, I think you can use your TV remote to control NVIDIA shield. I'm doing that after I lost the Nvidia remote.

Hello All
How to factory reset......have ordered from Canada 2 months ago cost me around 3600/-. Will perform reset on old Remote

How to factory reset......have ordered from Canada 2 months ago cost me around 3600/-. Will perform reset on old Remote
While shield is on, remove the back cover of the remote. Take out one of the battery. Then press dpad select button( center button in the circle) + back button together. While doing this, slide the battery inside. You’ll hear a beep. Reset is done. Remove the power cord from your shield and then insert it again after 10 seconds. Repair the remote with shield.

If your TV supports HDMI-CEC, I think you can use your TV remote to control NVIDIA shield. I'm doing that after I lost the Nvidia remote.
Yes it has. Looks like a good idea. Only issue is last when I tried HDMI-CEC, my HT also used to get switched on due to which i had disabled it. We use HT only on weekends. So I had to manually switch off every time TV & shield is switched on. But i think there should be some option so that HT doesn’t start everytime. Will look for it.

I tried everything but my shield tv pro wouldn’t come out of the slumber. Finally configured LG magic remote for shield & it’s working well now.

Also ordered Zidoo 9X Pro as a backup device for unhindered flow of entertainment. Is it a wise decision?

Zidoo 9X Pro as a backup device for unhindered flow of entertainment. Is it a wise decision?
Yes - If your source is offline files and u have lot of movies ripped in Hard disk.
No - If your source is only online OTT platform.

I have both Zidoo and Shield for similar usage.

I generally watch movies through stremio using real debrid. It worked like a charm in shield tv. But it always stuttered beyond 50gb files. So would I be able to use zidoo with stremio or I’ll have to have content stored in my hdd?

I generally watch movies through stremio using real debrid. It worked like a charm in shield tv. But it always stuttered beyond 50gb files. So would I be able to use zidoo with stremio or I’ll have to have content stored in my hdd?
beyond 50gb files, it sometimes works and sometimes it just doesn't
this is for Stremio-torrentio-Realdebrid on Shield
don't think streaming part will work any better or worse with zidoo but stored content they say works a lot better with zidoo ( no personal experience)

beyond 50gb files, it sometimes works and sometimes it just doesn't
this is for Stremio-torrentio-Realdebrid on Shield
don't think streaming part will work any better or worse with zidoo but stored content they say works a lot better with zidoo ( no personal experience)
iam uding zidoo z10 pro with external hdd. And works fine.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back