Old time Radio

kmravindran

Are old time radios(Tube or transister) of branded companies available in New Delhi? Can any member help me with info please?

there was a tube murphy radio available in Mumbai ,was working but sound was weak and I was told the tubes are "weak' so the sound ( experts is it true?0 :))

Hi,
I was searching in Ritchie str,Chennai for Normal radio with stereo out, but i am unable to hit any one in there.

If any one know about radio in chennai ,please share.

Why is there so much interest in tube radio. As apart from using amp section (For Turntable etc.) it would useless. As there would be too much interference from mobile towers for Medium wave reception and Indian radios didn't had any FM transmission those days. so mostly FM is not in the radio. I have one philips tube radio. Sounds too bright. will change speakers and see.
At Chor Bazar (Mumbai) There are few shops who keep them. or Try few websites like quikr, olx, click india etc.

but i am unable to hit any one in there.
hitting someone for not keeping a tube radio will be too much :lol: just kidding
Regards

Last edited:
Even I'd love to have one of those old radios with piano buttons...BTW...did they have FM too? I remember listening to VOA on SW and Amin Sayani uncle on Vividh Bharati....

Thanks for the response.
I am interested in purchasing an old time Radio. Yes Chennai is preferred. I am making a short visit to Delhi next week. So thought of trying there as well in case a good source is known.

Tube radios have their own charm. Songs / news tuned in from a distant shortwave station has its its own charm.Thanks for suggesting sites. Shall try

I have an old Zenith World Radio,which used to pick up Short wave broadcasts from all over the world.For a laugh,I used to listen to the Police Radio frequencies on SSB.Alas,some of the transistors blew and since it uses Germanium transistors which are not available,it is now safely stored away.

I have a Philips Prestige 4 band valve radio, working perfectly. I used to listen ceylon (sri lanka) & vivdh bharati.

hi dear
u can get these old vintage valve radios at chor bazar mumbai
or u can sometimes c them at old paper shops selling at some few 100s of rs
th valve technician r not available for service some very few old people
so best of luck

hey, there still are fanatics of old tube radio repair like me. pls feel free to sned me the model and make and i shall try to help. regards.

Hi Venky,

I have a Philips HiQ International Radio with Record player. Only the radio doesn't work, the rest of the things are fine. Do you know any place where I can get it repaired ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back