On the look for a 42"(min) LCD TV

vj_box

Hey guys,
I have started to convert my desire of getting a LCD TV(minimum 42")into an actual need now. So i came to know through one of my friend who is a professional in video technology that,Lg and Samsung are the leaders in the LCD and i have zeroed in on the same. So what is the cheapest 42" LCD Tv,be it any brand will cost? I did check out LG Jazz and scarlet and they were pretty good.
I also believe that,42" is a good enough size to give a decent experience when ti comes to playing games and watching movies in surround sound.
My main purpose will be gaming on the PS3 and watching a lot Bluray and DVDs.

Thanks in advance
Vj

Hey guys,
I have started to convert my desire of getting a LCD TV(minimum 42")into an actual need now. So i came to know through one of my friend who is a professional in video technology that,Lg and Samsung are the leaders in the LCD and i have zeroed in on the same. So what is the cheapest 42" LCD Tv,be it any brand will cost? I did check out LG Jazz and scarlet and they were pretty good.
I also believe that,42" is a good enough size to give a decent experience when ti comes to playing games and watching movies in surround sound.
My main purpose will be gaming on the PS3 and watching a lot Bluray and DVDs.

Thanks in advance
Vj

The 42" LG LH50 is also supposed to be pretty good and is newer than the Jazz with better specs & features.

In Samsung range, the LA40B650 has got some good reviews, but is slightly on the higher side in terms of price. Also, it has a glossy panel which some may not prefer. The Samsung LA40B550 & LA40B530 are also good. But all these 3 are 40" LCDs.

Have you considered the SONY 40S550 with BE3? The PQ is supposed to be good, however, it will not have as many features as the LG & Samsungs.

Thanks mate! so whats the price tag on the models that u have mentioned?
i didn't get a chance to audition the Sony models,except the fact that i had a glance of them.I had a chance to see the JAZZ and the scarlet and a few Samsung models. It will great if u can share the price ranges with me. I am not in a position to spend more than 60K on this.
thanks

Thanks mate! so whats the price tag on the models that u have mentioned?
i didn't get a chance to audition the Sony models,except the fact that i had a glance of them.I had a chance to see the JAZZ and the scarlet and a few Samsung models. It will great if u can share the price ranges with me. I am not in a position to spend more than 60K on this.
thanks

The following are approx. prices. Certainly the better you bargain, lower the price you will get. If you search thru' this forum, others have cited purchase prices for various LCDs each purchased.

In any case, following are the rough figures:

LG 40" LH50: 62K +- 2K

Samsung LA40B650: 75K???? Not sure on this, but somewhere in this range.

Samsung LA40B550: 58K +-

Samsung LA40B530: 54K +- 1K

SONY 40S550: 68K +- Rs. 500 approx. Would not be able to bargain on SONY pricing as they have a single pricing policy country wide.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back