On transports

It costs $65000. It better beat the Esoteric top of the line. It costs three times more.

funny how the prices escalate. it was $30,000. then went to $45,000. Now its $65,000. And its still the same thing.

The $65000 is the one with all upgrades. The $45000 is the standard one. The differences seem to be in the power supply and better resonance control

Are such expensive transports still relevant? From what I know, labels are all moving towards pristine downloads.

I can never see myself in todays date and time spending more than $5000 on a cd transport. That too I would rather buy used

The $65000 is the one with all upgrades. The $45000 is the standard one. The differences seem to be in the power supply and better resonance control

the max'd out ver with full resonance control & PSU was in 2007-8 at $30k, then became 45k and now 65k.

reason why i say is that sm1 in my family own one tht was picked up at the old price. The price jumps are crazy!

Are such expensive transports still relevant? From what I know, labels are all moving towards pristine downloads.

the liquidity & flow of music together with immense emotions of fine subtle nature that comes from the 'best-of-best' CD transports thts properly implemented in the chain cannot be overtaken with downloaded PC driven transports.

this is my personal vision from many tests conducted

PC playout is flexible in terms of file type support and does not depend on a CD transport, but does depend on a good D to A (and sound card). If I were to do it all over again, I would invest on a good D to A and play exclusively from a computer. Having said that, my computer audio setup is yet to beat my CDP (which incidentally uses the Philips CD Pro2 transport). It comes close, even uncomfortably so, but lacks that tonal finesse and analog-like warmth that the CPD has.

I am intrested in buying a CD player for transaport only purpose,which is the budget CD player in India that has the best transaport.I am looking for price range of 20K to 35K.

I am intrested in buying a CD player for transaport only purpose,which is the budget CD player in India that has the best transaport.I am looking for price range of 20K to 35K.

buy a sony bluray (hopefully the inner transport i'm guessing is still made in Japan, older ones used to be)

install on a heavy plinth, mass load from top & this should work well for a very small expenditure

Last edited:
BTW, how does one use the AT&T optical interface? My CDP does have it and I have absolutely no idea how it is used!

AT&T Glass optical interface is also called "ST". For one to use this, you must have this interface on both sides of your devices, transport & dac. (This interface is very different from the TosLink optical thats seen everywhere).

The Yamaha CD-S1000 may be a good option if available in your budget. Someone on another thread had mentioned a new one at 40k.

Pretty much all the other budget CDPs I've seen have fairly flimsy transports, not too different from a cheap dvd player.

What DAC are you using?

The Yamaha CD-S1000 may be a good option if available in your budget. Someone on another thread had mentioned a new one at 40k.

Pretty much all the other budget CDPs I've seen have fairly flimsy transports, not too different from a cheap dvd player.

What DAC are you using?

Yes, that is what I am wondering..how much improvement can I expect with this budget compared to Bluray player.

I am using V-Dac II but planning to upgrade in the future.

How much improvement a transport can make would depend on your Dac and the rest of your system. In general, I would not recommend spending much money on a transport for a V-Dac.

I've not really tried a blue player as transport with any seriousness so cant really say. Generally, I would expect it to be comparable to an entry level nad cdp used as transport.

Thanks for the info jai1611.

I am currently using LG Cheap Bluray->Vdac2->NAD C316Bee-KEF Q700.I guess its better to first upgrade the amp for quality improvement and later go for a CD player.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back