Onkyo 3100 or Logitech Z-5500

Hi,

I am planning to buy between 3100 or Z-5500 for my bed room and connecting it to my LCD. Onkyo 3100 is for about 17K while Z-5500 is for 15.75K. Can someone please suggest which would be better option.

Thanks.

Hai Manish, I have auditioned Onkoy 3100 and Logitech Z5500, the 2nd one is far ahed from 1st. I purchased Logi... this Sept. and quite happy with it in all respects (Movies & Music). To have an ultimate sound experience u have to connect it with optical out because it passes through the bast freq. for sound.
It has in-built Dolby Didital, Dts Digital & Dts 96/24 decoter which gives u ultimate 5.1 sound exp. But U have to play the content for it. Also it has multi connectivity option it helps u to connect this system ur PC, DVD, STB, Media Player & Game Console at a time and can control this with a remote.

More over it is a THX Certified system & it has 10" Sub which can deliver long throw bass which u would really enjoy. So being a user of it I would suggest U to go ahed with LOGITECH Z-5500.

At any day and any point of time LOGI.. > Onkoy 3100.
Choice is yours.
Thanks & regards.

Yes. HT-S3300 does have your favorite Dolby Pro Logic II.
See page 28 of the manual. Get it here http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manuals/pdf/ht-s3300_manual_e.pdf

If you want virtual 5.1 there are other DSPs in HT-S3300 that do it as well.
See page 29 of the manual.
DTS Neo:6
Full Mono
All Ch Stereo

Thanks ontherocks, just read the manual. I am surprised that it is not mentioned as a decoder feature on any of Onkyo's site (US, Intl, India), while it is mentioned for 5300 and 5305.

Thanks ontherocks, just read the manual. I am surprised that it is not mentioned as a decoder feature on any of Onkyo's site (US, Intl, India), while it is mentioned for 5300 and 5305.
Dolby Pro Logic II is not a feature worth mentioning (as compared to DTS/DD/DTS-MA/D-THD). Its just virtual 5.1.
The reason some particular features are advertised is because those are that product's USP.
Dolby Pro Logic II can never be a USP for today's AVRs :)

Dolby Pro Logic II is not a feature worth mentioning (as compared to DTS/DD/DTS-MA/D-THD). Its just virtual 5.1.
The reason some particular features are advertised is because those are that product's USP.
Dolby Pro Logic II can never be a USP for today's AVRs :)

For a living room (where the ht will be installed rough area - 12 x 10) which is open and has attached dining and open kitchen, what are your views of 3300 - will it be able to provide decent sound.

For a living room (where the ht will be installed rough area - 12 x 10) which is open and has attached dining and open kitchen, what are your views of 3300 - will it be able to provide decent sound.

I do not enjoy overwhelmingly loud sound but something which provides more of a theater like sound experience (sound effects, surround experience)

The answer now is - yes.

Honestly, you should be better off with a 20k+ Philips HT. If you don't want to even audition one such setup, then go with Onkyo as you wish.

Honestly, you should be better off with a 20k+ Philips HT. If you don't want to even audition one such setup, then go with Onkyo as you wish.

Any idea where I can audition one in Gurgaon? Also any specific model numbers that you recommend?

20+ philips.. philips is good when below 20k .. above that onkyo 3300 wud be better off..

yes if compared to onkyo 3100 for 18-19k philips will be better..

however 15k logi wud be better than 0nkyo3100 and philips..( personal choice)

our buddy.. already got the logi.. finally. spoke to him today.. he updated he is quite happy with the setup.. 15 k is better of thn an onkyo 3100.. not sure bout 3300

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back