onkyo 3200 vs yamaha yht-292 which one is better

Even I was hunting for the same answer. Have gone through lots of discussions and threads in this forum. There are aptly pointed responses favoring onkyo hts3300 for the future technology it supports but some reading on the net and I seem to have found a favorable feature (present tech) which for me is important and is missing in Onkyo hts 3300 - Dolby Prologic II. Seems this processing ability allows a receiver to convert (or maybe simulate) stereo sound into 5.1 sound. With most of the audio resources I will play - DVD and DVD rips, FM radio, Audio and MP3 CDs, standard TV output, I would love to have them played on 5.1. So looks like Onkyo may get a thumbs down from me. I would love to hear from friends in the forum on my point of view.

Even I was hunting for the same answer. Have gone through lots of discussions and threads in this forum. There are aptly pointed responses favoring onkyo hts3300 for the future technology it supports but some reading on the net and I seem to have found a favorable feature (present tech) which for me is important and is missing in Onkyo hts 3300 - Dolby Prologic II. Seems this processing ability allows a receiver to convert (or maybe simulate) stereo sound into 5.1 sound. With most of the audio resources I will play - DVD and DVD rips, FM radio, Audio and MP3 CDs, standard TV output, I would love to have them played on 5.1. So looks like Onkyo may get a thumbs down from me. I would love to hear from friends in the forum on my point of view.

onkyo 3300 has prologic II..refer to the brochure in the website!!!

yup highly confused

await for a good reply between
onkyo3300 and yamaha 292/392

as far as the sound is concerned 3300 is better. SUmmarizing (for this lot) i'll say:
Pros:
1> 3300 better for music
2> best for movies
3> best connectivity options for this price (yht 392 will set you back by another 4k atleast)
Cons:
no active woofer (but do you really need one; especially if you are on a tight budget)

Buy 3300 for 23k now and upgrade later when you have made more dough!

entirely your call!!:)

Dude I am also looking for home Theater for my Sony Blue ray player.... Onkyo, Yamaha which one is best that gives Crystal clear sound- No doubt BOSE is the best but wht are othr options.

Nilesh

Dude I am also looking for home Theater for my Sony Blue ray player.... Onkyo, Yamaha which one is best that gives Crystal clear sound- No doubt BOSE is the best but wht are othr options.

Nilesh

first things first..naani ki mucheein hoti to nana kehlaate!!

You need to decide your budget first! post that you can start shortlisting models that fit your budget and are a good mix of features that you are looking for!! :)

Hi Nilesh,
I believe no one owned BOSE in this forum. Check few threads, you will come to know. There are many brands which sounds better than BOSE.
Onkyo - Best for movies
Yamaha - best for Music and movies... with active sub.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back