Onkyo 3300 and Sony TV - Sync

senthilsss

Dear friends,

This may be a weird question. Let me ask anyway.

When I switch the receiver to appropriate mode, I was under the impression that AVR would automatically switch to the correct output display in my TV.

For example, if I switch on my PS3 and change the mode to "BD/DVD" (I have configured this way) it automatically changes my TV to HDMI port and video is visible.

However, the same does not happen for my STB which is connected through component cable. When I change to "CBL/STB" mode in AVR, it switches the audio correctly but my video goes again to HDMI instead of Component.

This annoys me to pick up the TV remote and change the video mode to "Component".

Any help?

Didn't quite understand from your post, how you have connected everything.

HT-S3000--HDMI Out-->TV
STB--Component In-->HT-S3000
PS3--HDMI In-->HT-S3000

Is it like this?

Sorry for not being clear.

HDMI:

PS3 HDMI OUT ---> AVR HDMI IN
AVR HDMI OUT ---> TV HDMI IN

COMPONENT:

STB COMPONENT OUT --> AVR COMPONENT IN
STB OPTICAL DIGITAL OUT --> AVR DIGITAL IN

When I switch to "BD/DVD" in AVR, the TV automatically switches to HDMI and displays the video.

When I switch to "CBL/SAT" in AVR, the TV still switches to HDMI rather than "COMPONENT".

So, I have to pick the TV remote and change to "COMPONENT" to watch the video.

Hope I am clear.

HT-S3000--HDMI Out-->TV
PS3--HDMI In-->HT-S3000

Is it like this?

Assume Senthil is having a setup similar to following ->

PS3--HDMI In-->HT-S3000
HT-S3000--HDMI Out-->TV

HT-S3000--Component Out-->TV
And/OR Additionally STB -- Video Out --> TV

And as I understand the concern is that when He is switching from PS3/HDMI in option to STB/Component in Onkyo, He additionally needs to change the input from HDMI to Component in TV as well. And what he wants it that moment he changes input in Onkyo, somehow the video input in TV should also change.

Had Onkyo supported a single HDMI out for signals to the television irrespective of input source - Composite, Stereo AV or HDMI, this may be possible.

Senthil, I stand to be corrected if I have depicted the requirement incorrectly.

When I switch to "BD/DVD" in AVR, the TV automatically switches to HDMI and displays the video.

When I switch to "CBL/SAT" in AVR, the TV still switches to HDMI rather than "COMPONENT".
On HT-S3300 Remote, Press RECEIVER followed by SETUP.
Select "HDMI Input", then "CBL/SAT". Change it to "-----" (no selection)

Then select "Component", then "BD/DVD". Change it to "-----" (no selection), then under "Component" again select "CBL/SAT", change it to "IN1" or "IN2" according to whichever component IN in HT-S3300 you have attached STB to.

Assume Senthil is having a setup similar to following ->

PS3--HDMI In-->HT-S3000
HT-S3000--HDMI Out-->TV

HT-S3000--Component Out-->TV
And/OR Additionally STB -- Video Out --> TV

And as I understand the concern is that when He is switching from PS3/HDMI in option to STB/Component in Onkyo, He additionally needs to change the input from HDMI to Component in TV as well. And what he wants it that moment he changes input in Onkyo, somehow the video input in TV should also change.

Had Onkyo supported a single HDMI out for signals to the television irrespective of input source - Composite, Stereo AV or HDMI, this may be possible.

Senthil, I stand to be corrected if I have depicted the requirement incorrectly.

You have stated my requirements correctly. I was under the impression that AVR has the intelligence to change the VIDEO TYPE (HDMI/COMPONENT/COMPOSITE) in TV according to what we switch to like BD/DVD, Game, DVD/VCR. It looks like it can work only if all are routed out via HDMI :sad:

On HT-S3300 Remote, Press RECEIVER followed by SETUP.
Select "HDMI Input", then "CBL/SAT". Change it to "-----" (no selection)

Then select "Component", then "BD/DVD". Change it to "-----" (no selection), then under "Component" again select "CBL/SAT", change it to "IN1" or "IN2" according to whichever component IN in HT-S3300 you have attached STB to.

I have done the same settings like you have suggested. However, when I switch to "CBL/SAT", the video of the TV still goes to HDMI rather than COMPONENT. :sad:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back