onkyo 3400 or 3500 for 27000 is a good price..

In Pune, I got a quote on 28k for HTS 3500. Is it ok price on I should negotiate bit more?

I know one guy who bought it for around 26k not sure if it's Bangalore or Pune. Maybe you should try negotiating. Even I was quoted 28k here in Reliance Digital Hyderabad.

where is it available in pune?

AV Excellence had 5 pc in stock till yesterday night... I got 1 of them ;).
Played few scenes from Iron Man 2 and am happy with what I was hearing. The stock cables are bit short ... especially for rear spkrs... Pl suggest suitable speaker cables. Which gauge / make is best fitted?

AV Excellence had 5 pc in stock till yesterday night... I got 1 of them ;).
Played few scenes from Iron Man 2 and am happy with what I was hearing. The stock cables are bit short ... especially for rear spkrs... Pl suggest suitable speaker cables. Which gauge / make is best fitted?

28k at av exellence is a good price............good deal!!!

i had a demo of onkyo HT-S3500 today at onkyo showroom in hyderabad and it is prices between 28 to 29k(as on 11/05/2012)

I had a demo of HTS3400 today at Promise, Kolkata. He quoted a price of 28K. He said 3500 is not yet available. Should I wait for 3500 or 28k is ok for HTS3400? Please advice.

Since Onkyo 3500 is available for around 28K, it is better to wait for it. If you go for 3400, you should bargain to get it below 25K.

Since Onkyo 3500 is available for around 28K, it is better to wait for it. If you go for 3400, you should bargain to get it below 25K.

Thanks for the prompt reply baijuxavior :D I will certainly wait for 3500.

Is there any other place in Kolkata where I can audition Onkyo 3400/3500 or Denon 1312xp? Any help in this regard will be really useful.

You think it's such a big deal if we go for Onkyo 3500? Infact I have heard that there was an audyseey feature no long available in 3500. Only plus is USB support for MP3 Songs

If you ask, I will neither go for Onkyo 3500 or 3400. I will buy (and I already have Denon 1612) an AVR that has Audessey MultiEQ with setup mic and a separate speaker system. With 3400, you will need to manually configure the audessey settings, while in avrs like denon 1612, all is done by the avr using the setup mic. For me USB on AVR is not important, as I rarely listen songs in AVR. If I need I will use my HTPC.

Thanks for the prompt reply baijuxavior :D I will certainly wait for 3500.

Is there any other place in Kolkata where I can audition Onkyo 3400/3500 or Denon 1312xp? Any help in this regard will be really useful.

i just auditioned onkyo 3400 at 45, shakespeare sarani (almost opposite kala mandir "Promises").. they quoted me 28k for 3400 and said that they dont have 3500 nor do they believe they wud have that anytime soon. They would themselves come and install the device and they are service centres for that as well
check that out.. am pathetic when it comes to bargaining, so plz do tell me if you get any better deal or some freebies, i so wanted to go for HTS-3500

p.s. they also asked me buy better quality cables if i were to go for concealing.

Hii Friends,
I have gone through specification of this 3500. However, I could not catch one point, that is; Can I watch on my LCD through HDMI, If I input from Composit video in? Coz my settop box has only composit video out.
Thanks in advance,
Shiva

Hii Friends,
I have gone through specification of this 3500. However, I could not catch one point, that is; Can I watch on my LCD through HDMI, If I input from Composit video in? Coz my settop box has only composit video out.
Thanks in advance,
Shiva

You need to connect all your devices to the receiver...........dvd player, bluray player, cable STB, etc..........And then run a single HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. The receiver will have surplus connections to accommodate all devices. In your case, let me explain

Cable STB > AVR > composite video cable (video)
Cable STB > AVR > stereo cable (audio)
AVR > TV > HDMI cable (audio / video)

Thank you very much for your quick reply my dear friend:p. I am buying this AVR tomorrow for Rs.26300/- in Hyderabad. Earlier I had SONY DAV-DZ777 Home theatre system, is there any comparison between this 3500 and DZ777 as far sound clarity is concerned? I was little dissatisfied with the SONY sound clarity; that use to through flat sound, I could not feel any high-frequency at all, but Bass was ok. I hope, this 3500 won't let me down.
Thanks again,
Shiva

Thank you very much for your quick reply my dear friend:p. I am buying this AVR tomorrow for Rs.26300/- in Hyderabad. Earlier I had SONY DAV-DZ777 Home theatre system, is there any comparison between this 3500 and DZ777 as far sound clarity is concerned? I was little dissatisfied with the SONY sound clarity; that use to through flat sound, I could not feel any high-frequency at all, but Bass was ok. I hope, this 3500 won't let me down.
Thanks again,
Shiva

As I have earlier stated............leave Sony, Samsung, Lg, etc..........to what they do best...........making TVs. Let serious audio be taken care of specialized audio/video brands like ONKYO. Sony vs ONKYO no match!!!

As I have earlier stated............leave Sony, Samsung, Lg, etc..........to what they do best...........making TVs. Let serious audio be taken care of specialized audio/video brands like ONKYO. Sony vs ONKYO no match!!!

Aakash, are you sure you made the same statement earlier in another post?

Aakash, are you sure you made the same statement earlier in another post?

yes, i am pretty sure.............just don't know when and where. Anyways for the price I really doubt you can get anything better than onkyo HT-S3500. Its good value for money. If you can stretch your budget then that brings a lot of options into play.

Hii Friends,
Thanks in advance,
Shiva

I think for this feature you need to have the upscaling done thru the receiver. Does 3500 has this feature as you have the source coming in thru composite video and you want to watch on the tv using the hdmi cable. So the receiver should upscale to this standard. If not then I believe you need to connect the composite video out of the receiver to the tv to get the picture. Somebody can confirm this is correct..

Thanks

Thanks again,
Shiva

You got 3500 for 26.3k?

Hii Friends,
Thanks in advance,
Shiva

No. Onkyo 3500 has no analog upconversion or upscaling and so you can't view composite or component video through HDMI out. Infact none of the entry level AVRs have upconversion feature and AVR makers are skipping this feature in many models. For example Denon 1611 has upconversion while 1612 has not.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back