onkyo 3400 or 3500 for 27000 is a good price..

Even if you are gaming, or you are watching movies or broadcasts or simply listening to music, this gadget makes sure that precise amplification power is created, which leads to a breathtaking home entertainment experience. Onkyo HT-S3500 also has video upscaling, revolutionary audio equalization and different acoustic treatment technologies. The model also provides integrated control with all the leading display brands.

With Deep Color Processing, and 1200 W of power, which is enough to shake the earth, your entertainment experience will never be greater. This piece has been built with true entertainment enthusiasts in mind, who like the privacy of their living room.

There are four HDMI inputs and two HD component inputs, which means that there is an effortless, high-bandwidth of video signals to the latest HDTV displays. It also has Faroudja DCDi Edge Technology, regardless of the connection.

taken from : Onkyo HT-S3500 Review - See our price! | HDTV Reviews Lab

this clearly means there is video upconversion, Faroudja DCDi is the upscaling chip used in entry level AVRs.

@akashr, it is not true that Onkyo supports upscaling or upconversion of analog signals to HDMI. You need to use composite/component out of the AVR for composite/component video inputs. This is clearly mentioned in Page 59 of the manual. As I said bfore, manufactures are removing this feature from even midrange AVRs like Denon 1912.

Hii all,
Today I am going to purchase Onkyo S3500. Before that, I have 2 more options:
1. Used TX-SR505+new speakers - 30K (or)
2. Used TX-SR307+new speakers - 25K (or)
3. HT-S3500 -Complete new package - 26K
I just wanted to know; which one is a good deal?
I have heard S3500 does not support Composit and component video up-scaling but other 2 models does it. And, which one would be the best for music? my usage is 65% music + 35% movies.
Appreciate Your valuable suggestions.
Shiva::eek:hyeah:

Hii all,
I have heard S3500 does not support Composit and component video up-scaling but other 2 models does it. And, which one would be the best for music? my usage is 65% music + 35% movies.

Based on whatever I read here people saying may not be able to enjoy audio that much with Onkyo. I'm pretty happy with the audio on Onkyo

Hii all,

I think the first option looks good for both movies/music. But take a demo before finalizing.

Thanks

Based on whatever I read here people saying may not be able to enjoy audio that much with Onkyo. I'm pretty happy with the audio on Onkyo

If your main interest is music you should be getting a stereo integrated amp + 2 bookshelf speakers and not a 5.1 system. That will give you better sound than any 5.1 HTIB system. HTIB systems are essentially for movies on a tight budget. suggest you to demo before buying and see if you like the sound for music.

No doubt the used AVR's might look better than the 3500 but how good is the condition and what speakers do they come with?

With 65% music its better to go for integrated 2 channel amplifiers but I have heard Marantz A/V Receivers give better stereo sound then any other receiver in the market.....

Sound signature for Marantz is more suited for music than other AVRs............so yes Marantz would work better for music compared to Onkyo which is perfect for movies being a bit on the brighter side.

How important is Audyssey EQ, which is absent from both of these models? I am considering Onkyo specifically for movies (90% movies/10% music). Would lack of Audyssey be a big drawback in this entry level system?

How important is Audyssey EQ, which is absent from both of these models? I am considering Onkyo specifically for movies (90% movies/10% music). Would lack of Audyssey be a big drawback in this entry level system?

I didn't feel the difference so much. Again it depends how much of audio you would listen to?

I'd be using this system purely for movies. I am an absolute novice when it comes to hi fidelity music so would not even know what I am missing. Having said that the usage is going to be 90% movies and 10% music.

I'd be using this system purely for movies. I am an absolute novice when it comes to hi fidelity music so would not even know what I am missing. Having said that the usage is going to be 90% movies and 10% music.

Go for Onkyo then if the budget is between 20-30k.

Hii all,

Can you tell me where onkyo 3500 is available @ 26k? Kindly provide contact details as well.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

I got quoted from onkyo sight and sound 27000 for s3400 and 28000 for s3500 and he was quoting me 33k mrp and 28k discount offer.

This is a complete joke.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back