onkyo 3400 or 3500 for 27000 is a good price..

abdulsiddik

i receive offer from that onkyo 3400 and 3500 both are same price. rs.27000
what are the main difference other than USB port wat difference on technical and quality which one will i buy .. i am new to home theater and suggest affordable bluray player low cost..

Where are you located? As the HTS3500 been launched? If you have a choice, then always go with the latest technology. The 3500 has replaced the 3400. I am also looking for the 3500 but was not sure if it has already been launched in the market.

Where are you located? As the HTS3500 been launched? If you have a choice, then always go with the latest technology. The 3500 has replaced the 3400. I am also looking for the 3500 but was not sure if it has already been launched in the market.

I have seen many people in this forum say that the HTS3500 is available though it does not seem to have been launched formally.

Why do you say it it not a good price? Many dealers in Bangalore & Delhi seem to be offering this price now.

I am also considering buying this, so let us know if there is better price available somewhere.

It's not a good price because the 3500 will replace it at that price soon and the 3400 will drop to 20-24k for clearance after 3500 stocks reach stores.

Unless the dealers are trying to sell the 3400's at marked price by not bringing in the 3500 (Which is probably whats happening)

Take a look online if you can find a souce.

Got the 3400 yesterday for 25k in Jalandhar,Punjab. I was offered 3500 at 28k but i did hear that they have reduced the sub size. but have added more features to the receiver.

It has been launched long back and the price is 28K in chennai...

i receive offer from that onkyo 3400 and 3500 both are same price. rs.27000
what are the main difference other than USB port wat difference on technical and quality which one will i buy .. i am new to home theater and suggest affordable bluray player low cost..
The USB made for Ipod and Iphone... And u can play audio files also..

They have increased the watts in each channel i guess. I ll send u a manual of 3500. Give ur mail id..

Regarding blu ray player..

Philps offering for around 3.5-4K.

Here is a review of 3500
Onkyo HT-S3500 Review - See our price! | HDTV Reviews Lab
Mainfeatures are
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 output with support for 3D and Audio Return Channel
- WRAT Amplifier Technology
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front USB Port
- Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Easy Settings Change with On Screen Display via HDMI

WRAT was there in old onkyo amps and i guess this is an updated version of same technology. From pics i am not seeing any change in size of woofer. They could have give the usb option for video also. Size of rear speakers got reduced.

is it true ?

Onkyo HT-S3500 model is one of the first Certified System that can handle the processing of full high-definition content of 1080p, and the master quality of Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio

In Philips which one is come under 4 k price .

i hear that PANASONIC BD75 is somewhat 3.8k to 4k. and i have doubt that what is the difference b/w high priced bluray player and 4k to 5k players.

and onkyo ht3500 plus instead of bluray player i have sony dvd( hdmi option ) will it be any difference in quality of audio.or we need a bluray player

The USB made for Ipod and Iphone... And u can play audio files also..

They have increased the watts in each channel i guess. I ll send u a manual of 3500. Give ur mail id..

Can you please send me the manual as well?
I can PM my email address!
There is no USB port in the 3400 model?

Is it worth spending the extra bucks for 3500 ?

I bought Onkyo HT-S3500 for Rs/-2600 in Hyderabad. i would want go for addition, Experts please suggest good set of speakers which matches to my brand new onkyo Receiver.

Basically my requirement is music Listening.
And i want to get good vocal sound with base from my center speaker.

is it true ?

Onkyo HT-S3500 model is one of the first Certified System that can handle the processing of full high-definition content of 1080p, and the master quality of Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio
Can you please explain more. I can see these in 3400 spec also
Can you please send me the manual as well?
I can PM my email address!
There is no USB port in the 3400 model?

Is it worth spending the extra bucks for 3500 ?
Check below for Manual(US Spec)
Onkyo HT-S3500 - 5.1-Channel Home Theater Package | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products
No USB for 3400.
I bought Onkyo HT-S3500 for Rs/-2600 in Hyderabad. i would want go for addition, Experts please suggest good set of speakers which matches to my brand new onkyo Receiver.

2600? Is that a typo:)

Satish from where in Hyderabad did you purchase? Any reason why you opted for 3500 or over 3400.

Also I understand that this model has speakers along with the A/V receiver.
I don't understand why would you need additional set of speakers?

Also from whatever I read about this model looks like it's not that great for audio!

Hi Andy, why i purchased 3500 is just because its a updated model, and it has USB post which i was waiting for, latest is always better than old :). features wise its very good receiver at this price bracket.

coming to audio is also great if you listen at 50 to 55 volume. original audio cds bit clear than MP3s.

i have read in one of onkyo threads that change of center speaker gives better sound for specially for audio listening. but i'm pretty much happy with my original set of speakers with 3500.

I watched few english movie dvds on 3500 sound is just awesome believe me.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back