Onkyo 5300 or Denon DHT-590BA (Boston Acoustics Speakers)

sauravhw

Hi
I am planning to get either the Onkyo 5300 or Denon DHT-590BA (with Boston Acoustics speakers) from the US and get it to India (I am carrying 2 empty luggage on a business trip). Price for both are almost the same in the range of $450.
Onkyo 5300 has the 7.1 and 1.4a HDMI but my living room will only allow 5.1 setup. Moreovr 1.4a allows only 1 HDMI cable from Receiver to LCD for both audio and video thus eliminating the need for separate audio cable. 1.4a supports 3D but thats useless to me.

Denon DHT-590BA has the 5.1 which suits me but it has the Boston Acoustics speakers MCS 90. It has 1.3a HDMI with repeater function along with analog video conversion to HDMI which also means only one HDMI cable to LCD for both audio and video.

What do you experts advise. Apart from the 110v to 220 v conversio issue will there be any problem with repect to PAL and NTSC because both the receivers support both PAL and NTSC the manual says "The video conversion function supports the NTSC, PAL, SECAM, NTSC 4.43, PAL N, PAL M and also PAL 60 formats"

Denon USA | DHT-590BA

since your room allows only 5.1 you should go for DHT-590BA...
it has better speaker set.. and the receiver is also better (I think it is 1610)..
there are very few blue-ray available with 7.1 surround sound.. most of them are 5.1 only..
also 3D is yet to become popular..
IMO, you can ignore 7.1 and HDMI 1.4 (3D) advantage of 5300 over 590BA..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back