Onkyo 606 + Jamo S 606 HCS = 76k. Is it good deal?

KBS

Onkyo TX-SR 606 + Jamo S 606 HCS 5 Pacage WIth Sub 200 = 76k . Is it good deal?

Hi,

I am getting a deal for Onkyo TX-SR 606 + Jamo S 606 HCS 5 Pacage WIth Sub 200 for 76k in Bangalore. Is it good deal?

Please pour in your comments.

Thanks in Advance.

KBS

Bargain for a better subwoofer. The 200 imo is very weak. Try to get the SUB 300 or atleast 250 The dealer might probably say the S606 got an 8inch side firing woofer etc. But for movies, it never hurts to have a powerful dedicated subwoofer.

s606_dark_mappple_jamo.jpg
pd_jamo_sub300_290408.gif

Happy auditions!

Hi All,

I am just waiting on your valuable feedback.

Please help me in understanding

1) Is this deal worth?
2) What's your opinion on Onkyo 606?
3) What's your opinion on Jamo S606 HCS with Sub 200?
4) How these combination go?

Regards,
KBS

Hello KBS,
I use onkyo TX sr 705 with Jamo S 606 HCS 3 with wharfedale sw 150 subwoofer. I quite enjoy it . My room size is around 410 sq feet. It fiils my room quite well. I enjoy the sound. So far sound is considered I am fully satisfied with it. The money I paid for it is considerably more as compared to the deal value. But I must admit I didn't audition any other products in the same price range so can't comment about them. In my opinion if you are not too fussy about minute details in sound then this combo will not let you down. To be honest at first I didn't even have the subwoofer the built in subwoofer in 606 was adequate for me. with the adiition of subwoofer I hear little more effect of LFE. I watch movies mainly for the content not much for the sound effects or visual effects. This combo will definitely give you a considerable step jump from the so called HTIBs.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Jamo S 606 HCS speakers are good...however the sub 200 is not that great!!

Whats your room size? & Whats your budget?

Whats the price there in Bangalore for the Jamo S 606 HCS + Sub 200 ?

I have the same set of speakers & have paired it with Marantz SR-4003...Not sure about onkyo 606; but Marantz + Jamo works pretty good for me !!

Last edited:
Jamo S 606 HCS speakers are good...however the sub 200 is not that great!!

Whats your room size? & Whats your budget?

Whats the price there in Bangalore for the Jamo S 606 HCS + Sub 200 ?

I have the same set of speakers & have paired it with Marantz SR-4003...Not sure about onkyo 606; but Marantz + Jamo works pretty good for me !!

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have dedicated room for Home Theater Room yet. It's going to be living room (Hall).
My Budgte is around 70-80k (AVR + 5.1 Speaker Package)
Jamo S606 HCS3 + SUB 200 is priced around Rs 52k in B'lore (55k in Cinebells)

Regards,
KBS

Last edited:
Hello KBS,
I use onkyo TX sr 705 with Jamo S 606 HCS 3 with wharfedale sw 150 subwoofer. I quite enjoy it . My room size is around 410 sq feet. It fiils my room quite well. I enjoy the sound. So far sound is considered I am fully satisfied with it. The money I paid for it is considerably more as compared to the deal value. But I must admit I didn't audition any other products in the same price range so can't comment about them. In my opinion if you are not too fussy about minute details in sound then this combo will not let you down. To be honest at first I didn't even have the subwoofer the built in subwoofer in 606 was adequate for me. with the adiition of subwoofer I hear little more effect of LFE. I watch movies mainly for the content not much for the sound effects or visual effects. This combo will definitely give you a considerable step jump from the so called HTIBs.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Thanks. Mahir.

Even dealer has the same opinion. He says "you don't even need a SUB". But my worry is SUB200 has no good reviews and dealer is not willing to change to SUB250. He says "the deal is for that package. If you want SUB250, you will have pay 10k more". So I am dilemma. Pls help in choosing better one.

Thanks

KBS

Trust me, the built in sub aren't that great, you wont get that feel of real bass...you would have to buy a dedicated sub...the reason I was asking you about the room size is that capacity of the sub 200 would suffice in a medium sized living room like 170 - 200 sqft... however you could buy the package without the sub & later on buy a powerful sub....what say??

12,500/- (for Sub 200) + 10,000/- (additional for sub 250) = 22,500/- (for sub 250) not a great deal :annoyed:

You can get good Sub + deal elsewhere....Experts here can help you out!!!

Last edited:
I personally felt that the Jamo 606 was a tad too bright. If you are in Bangalore check out the Onkyo showroom in Sigma mall - They have a deal for the 606 + Elac speakers and they are certainly more musical that the Jamo. The 606 sells for 36k without including any discounts at the showroom. So you are paying about 40k for the Jamo 606 which is about right. Thou I feel you should probably get a better deal since you are taking the package.

I personally felt that the Jamo 606 was a tad too bright. If you are in Bangalore check out the Onkyo showroom in Sigma mall - They have a deal for the 606 + Elac speakers and they are certainly more musical that the Jamo. The 606 sells for 36k without including any discounts at the showroom. So you are paying about 40k for the Jamo 606 which is about right. Thou I feel you should probably get a better deal since you are taking the package.

I had visited Onkyo Showroom at Sigma Mall, with my friends. But we felt that demo was not good, may be because of entry level AVR used. On the other hand Jamo S606 demo was convincing at Cinebells;( They did not use onkyo for demo).
Any ways I will check this again.

Thanks a lot.
KBS

I had visited Onkyo Showroom at Sigma Mall, with my friends. But we felt that demo was not good, may be because of entry level AVR used. On the other hand Jamo S606 demo was convincing at Cinebells;( They did not use onkyo for demo).

Thanks a lot.
KBS

Fair enough... like I said... "personally" :) ... You will always have to check it out for yourself to make sure you like it.

Anyway make sure that you pair the AVR with the speakers that you plan to buy before you make the final decision. AVR/Speaker combo may change the sound completely. Good luck with the buying.

Good AVR + 5.1 Speakers for around 80k

Hi Gurus,

I am on hunt again..!!!

I am looking for Good AVR and 5.1 Speakers.

Here go my Priorities.

60% Music (Hindi 40%, English Pop, Classical & Regional each 10%)
Movies 30% (English 30%, Hindi 10%)

I am expecting following features in an AVR.
7.1 Channel.
Support for All current Audio formats (including DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD)
7.1 Multichannel Input.
HDMI 1.3a Support
Video Upscaling (At least 1080i)
Audyssey Setup

And regarding Speakers, I prefer a 5.1 setup with pair of Floor Standers.

And most imp. my budget is around 80k

I hope GURUs over here, will suggest me and help in setting up my HT.

Regards,
KBS

Me not a guru... You could look at Yamaha 663 (~30k) which will cater to both movies and music and has good feedback. 663 is a bit lacking in upscaling, Denon 1910 (~40k) has the best upscaler in this range, check out Venkat's review on 1910 about it being a bit harsh though and also other reviews on the net.

If you are absolutely set on FSs and this is your final budget, look at Mission with M34/M35 as fronts. If you can look ar some more budget in the long term, consider Wharfedale 9.5s for fronts now and then add rest of the 3.0 later.

Since you are going to have a sub, consider BSs as fronts. Within the same price range, you get better BSs compared to FSs.

Thanks a lot.
KBS

Hi,

Where did you get this quote from..? The guy at onkyo quoted me 90K for the same specs...Please let me know..

Thanks..!
Abilash

Dont go for SUB200 and Sub250. Instead go for SUB300. SUB300 would cost 4k to 5k more than SUB250. In this 5k you get 50Watts more power + Volume control on the front of the SUB which SUB250 has at the back + you get 10" driver.:)

Good AVR + 5.1 Speakers for around 80k

Hi Gurus,

I am on hunt again..!!!

I am looking for Good AVR and 5.1 Speakers.

Here go my Priorities.

60% Music (Hindi 40%, English Pop, Classical & Regional each 10%)
Movies 30% (English 30%, Hindi 10%)

I am expecting following features in an AVR.
7.1 Channel.
Support for All current Audio formats (including DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD)
7.1 Multichannel Input.
HDMI 1.3a Support
Video Upscaling (At least 1080i)
Audyssey Setup

And regarding Speakers, I prefer a 5.1 setup with pair of Floor Standers.

And most imp. my budget is around 80k

I hope GURUs over here, will suggest me and help in setting up my HT.

Regards,
KBS

Hi KBS,

Could you please let me know where did you get this quote i will be so thankful to you.. bcoz im getting of more quote price than this.. please help me ..

Regards,
Cheenu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back