Onkyo 606 Upgrade - What should I buy?

KBS

Hello All,

Currently I have HiFi setup comprising of Samsung 48HU850 UHD TV, Onkyo TX-SR 606 AVR, Jamo Studio 606 FloorStanding speakers with Jamo Sub 300 (5.1) and Pioneer LX-55 BDP (getting LX-58 soon).

I am planning to upgrade my Onkyo 606. I am considering Onkyo TX-NR636 due it's support for HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 and Dolby Atmos.

I am really in confusion, my Onkyo 606 is NOT great stereo performer. The dealer is telling it's 3 stage amp & there is tremendous improvement in this area. I have taken audition, it was just OK. I feel speakers with exclusive Onkyo dealer are not that great.

I need your valuable suggestions here.
Can I go ahead with Onkyo 606?
Will I get considerable improvements in overall performance?
Is there any other AVR in the same price-band with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support?

Please help.

Hello All,

Currently I have HiFi setup comprising of Samsung 48HU850 UHD TV, Onkyo TX-SR 606 AVR, Jamo Studio 606 FloorStanding speakers with Jamo Sub 300 (5.1) and Pioneer LX-55 BDP (getting LX-58 soon).

I am planning to upgrade my Onkyo 606. I am considering Onkyo TX-NR636 due it's support for HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 and Dolby Atmos.

I am really in confusion, my Onkyo 606 is NOT great stereo performer. The dealer is telling it's 3 stage amp & there is tremendous improvement in this area. I have taken audition, it was just OK. I feel speakers with exclusive Onkyo dealer are not that great.

I need your valuable suggestions here.
Can I go ahead with Onkyo 606?
Will I get considerable improvements in overall performance?
Is there any other AVR in the same price-band with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support?

Please help.

If you are looking for Atmos, then yeah 636 is fine...
I think you should consider a BS speaker to evaluate the stereo performance in your setup...
636 carries some internals from the previous years models x1x and x2x series.... Even my 818 has this 3 stage circuitry... I really don't know what that means, but the AVR is very good...

Currently I am using Onkyo 606, but not satisfied with overall Sound Quality. If I upgrade to Onkyo 838, will it make day and night difference?
OR is only a more power with almost similar sound signature.?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back