Onkyo 626 or Denon x2000 Need Help

Hello friends,am planning to get my very first home theater.I am confused between Onkyo 626 and Denon x2000.The only purpose is MOVIES and nothing else.Also suggest me good 5.1 speaker set up which can be later upgraded to 7.1.Should i go for floor standers or book shelves.My budget is strictly around 85k.My room size is around 12 X16.
I am from Coimbatore and a complete novice.Have learned a lot from Hifivision.I would be connecting my PS3,Airtel set top box or my laptop .I consider the above mentioned avr a bit future proof.So please do guide me.

Last edited:
that's really a good decision mate. if you increase your budget a little 5k or 6k more ll get a AJ 5.1 speakers in around 45 or 46k after discount.

Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT 5.1 Channel Speaker Package

But, if you are not really in a hurry, then for that receiver you should consider buying 2 floor standing speakers for now. Later, add one by one when the budget permits. (most fm's suggest this route.)

Hello Nero9,
Thanks for your input.I can stretch my budget by another 20k as i am not in a hurry and could set up the rig one by one.Dont have much of a choice in Coimbatore.Would like your opinion on Polk Audio and Boston Acoustics.What floor standers should i consider?
Watching movies is the sole purpose and nothing else.

If you are looking at movies only, I think you will be happy with BOTH Polks and Boston Acoustics. So your decision boils down to how much they cost (and other ancillaries like looks etc)

However, my audition with Polk TSi400 and Boston A360 showed a very marked difference in music playback. Boston is quite a bit better than Polks in music playback
I assume their bookshelves would have very similar sound characteristics. So if you value music playback capability, you should pick Boston above the Polks
(you can of course goto Chennai and get yourself a lot more choices)

If you go with 4 bookshelves, a Boston Acoustics 5.1 would come to about 70k
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/53276-need-help-buy-5-1-home-theatre.html#post609816

A similar setup with Polk TSx series will be slightly cheaper
2 pairs of TSX110Bs (14,000 x 2) + TSX150C (12,000) + PSW 110 subwoofer (18,500) - 10% discount + cabling etc = Rs 55,000

And these will be the lowest price components of both brands

I think the route suggested by @Nero9 is very good - the Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1 set will be very good for movies, because it has bigger speakers than the Polk combo above. And it will have good musical playback from its floorstanders too

Thanks Nero9 and grunthos.
I think i will follow the Polk audio route.Currently am setting the rig in my bedroom which is a bit congested and 16x11 in size.Will floor standers be an overkill?May shift out of the room later,so want my set up to be future proof.

Thanks Ashwin84,
Now am also confused about Dali Zensor 3 or 5 for fronts.Zensor 5 may be pricey.Am also considering the basic Boston Acoustics A250 or Polk 330.Please do clarify.

Hi karthikeyan1234

The BA are good VFM and perform better than the Bose or JBLs available today. You should also consider Q Acoustics 2010 or 2020, they too are good for movies and music....

End of the day, try to audition or read reviews / see videos over the internet to get some basic idea of the speakers then take a call...all the best

if polk go for RTi if you can don't go for TSX series its very cheap quality and fatiguing high sounds

if you wanna give TSX amount of money give it to boston 360 or polk RTi

don't compromise on quality

dali zensor/ikon would also be good choices

onkyo is better than denon

if polk go for RTi if you can don't go for TSX series its very cheap quality and fatiguing high sounds

if you wanna give TSX amount of money give it to boston 360 or polk RTi

don't compromise on quality

dali zensor/ikon would also be good choices

onkyo is better than denon

I dont know on what basis you are describing TSX series as cheap quality and it's having fatigue high sounds. can you explain your points?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back