Onkyo AVR acting weird

riteshmadhok

Have a 2 year old Onkyo AVR NR515, now since 2 days when I start it the display lights up but none of the function buttons work including the volume dial and power button. Other times it boots and goes off and boots again and so on. Some times it's operational but acts weird.
I tried disconnecting all cables and then powering it but the issue still remains.
Senior guys here please help/advise on what could the issue be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First things first. It could be a micro processor/controller issue. Disconnect all connections and all jacks from the AVR.

Check the manual and try to reset the entire AVR. Hopefully, that should solve this issue.

Vinod

Hi

Some onkyo models are known for facing issues due to overheating....try thr reset...could me components on the board are weak etc....if out of warranty, go to a good TV / Audio technician in the area who possibly can resolve it

It might be power fluctuation issue. during the startup if it doesnt get sufficient voltage it kind of makes a clikcking sound.. click....lights on....click lights off... try running on your inverter backup line if you have one.

I face this issue sometime, when I get a low voltage in my line. (I use onkyo). Similarly, when the input HDMI signal is weak, it keeps on syncing and display goes on and off. Try below steps
1, Check whether your power supply is good, and move to a UPS/inverter when you face similar issue in future to confirm it.
2. If its still showing issues in UPS/inverter, you may have to check whether it works well with the tuner as it doesnt need HDMI sync.
3, If it is working fine, then the issue could be with your source or HDMI cables.
4, If it is still showing issue with tuner, then its time to visit a repair shop

Tried all the said but still the weird issue persists. Now it starts and stays on but when on standby it does not give the hdmi pass thru which it did earlier:(
Please advise a good reliable repair shop in Mumbai/Thane area

Tried all the said but still the weird issue persists. Now it starts and stays on but when on standby it does not give the hdmi pass thru which it did earlier:(
Please advise a good reliable repair shop in Mumbai/Thane area

You did enable pass through after reset, right? In my receiver It's off by default, not sure about onkyo.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back