Onkyo cassette decks 211 vs 255

is that a pack of metal tapes?
I do not have (its very shameful) a CC or paypal account to bid on ebay and I need help. And I also need help in getting them here in India from the US.

Hi everyone, Kamal has talked to the person and there is a lot of over 200 cassettes - new sealed Maxell high bias XL II 90. I am interesting in buying but this quite a large number. anyone else interested can pitch in with number and price they can pay.

Asit - can you please give a feedback on these cassettes?

Hi Anant,

The Maxell XL II 90 is a decent cassette. Even better is XL II S 90. Both are chrome cassettes.

Similar cassettes in the TDK line are respectively SA 90 and SA-X 90.

I have all these (in plenty) and all of them are in working condition. Even normal cassettes (Sony) bought in early 80's (81/82) are of such high quality that they seldom have given me any problem till date.

If these cassettes are in their original plastic packaging, they would be air-tight I'd guess and therefore would be free from fungus.

Regards.

Yeah, I thought so too. I was just curious if anyone here have used the 'Acoustics Master Series' and how good it could be...

it's IEC type I i.e it is a normal tape.

afaik this is the replacement to the old faithful "TDK D90"

the maxell offer looks good.. in my cassette days .. i always preferred the smooth sound of the XLIIs to equivalent TDK chrome (TDK SA)

Thanks Asit. What should be the fair price for a bundle of 200?
Anyone interested in buying some?

Maxell XLII are really good tapes. but since this is a magnetic medium (and may have been stored for some time).. you may wish to check one random sample i.e record and playback.. before buying.

if they were inadvertently stored near a magnetic source (speakers, TVs, transformers).. they could have gone a little bad...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back