Onkyo HT-3100 VS Onkyon HT-5100

Moser, I guess you are confused with the model numbers again. I think 45k is for the 5100. The 5105 is priced at around 30-32k.

I would guess so since there cannot be so much difference. I would have thought though the 5105 would cost more than the 5100...

Prices in Mumbai:
5100 - Rs. 39990.00
5105 - Rs. 31990.00
3100 - Rs. 17990.00
3105b - Rs. 19990.00

I am focusing on 3105 or 3100. Can anyone justify whether I should spend extra 2k for 3105? I like black colour, but is that the only difference as such?
Thanks.

Prices in Mumbai:
5100 - Rs. 39990.00
5105 - Rs. 31990.00
3100 - Rs. 17990.00
3105b - Rs. 19990.00

I am focusing on 3105 or 3100. Can anyone justify whether I should spend extra 2k for 3105? I like black colour, but is that the only difference as such?
Thanks.

You would be better off with the 3105 compared to the 3100. Reason being you get a better and more future proof AVR. and for only a difference of 2k.

You would be better off with the 3105 compared to the 3100. Reason being you get a better and more future proof AVR. and for only a difference of 2k.

Just checked the Onkyo India website, the receiver model is mentioned as HT-R 340 for both systems 3100 & 3105.

Do you know the model nos for these receivers? Thanks!

Just checked the Onkyo India website, the receiver model is mentioned as HT-R 340 for both systems 3100 & 3105.

Do you know the model nos for these receivers? Thanks!

Reju, my bad, it was my turn to get confused between the 3105 and 5105. I think Onkyo seriously needs to rethink their model numbering. Or is this part of their strategy to confuse people?

I own the 708, it's good for the price....good colours, sharp pictures, but suffers a bit from image noise..... the 3105 you shoul get for lesss, 30k for 5105 sounds ok......listen to them, pick whichever appeals to you at whichever price point.

you can also consider the yamaha YHT-195, which costs 26k.

dear PSYCHOTROPIC
i am buy sony ns 708 dvd 12/11/08 ,i have one problem it has region [5] my most of the dvd movie made in usa [1] they are not working .my old philips dvd 642k was region hack by philips demo personel, i talk to sone peopul the not do ,or sony not advised do so,kindly give me the way to region [0]
thank you somen
.its urgent

dear PSYCHOTROPIC
i am buy sony ns 708 dvd 12/11/08 ,i have one problem it has region [5] my most of the dvd movie made in usa [1] they are not working .my old philips dvd 642k was region hack by philips demo personel, i talk to sone peopul the not do ,or sony not advised do so,kindly give me the way to region [0]
thank you somen
.its urgent

Try this & let me know if it works?
4i1xsh.jpg

Hi,
I am planning to buy ONKYO HTS-3105 and replace two front speakers with ELAC FS-127 tower speaker pair for better audio performance. Please guide me on the combination. Whether is it worth the budjet 0f 65-70K?
Rgds.

Hi,
I am planning to buy ONKYO HTS-3105 and replace two front speakers with ELAC FS-127 tower speaker pair for better audio performance. Please guide me on the combination. Whether is it worth the budjet 0f 65-70K?
Rgds.

What are you looking to get out by replacing by Elacs?

I believe that the Elac's will definitely sound better than the HTS combo set. Now whether its worth is something only you can decide depending on how much you like the difference in sound.

Hi Guys I'm a new entrant to HiFi.
Have read all the posts of this thread and would req some advice.M lukin for a HTS under 50k chkd almost all available here in gurgaon n have shorlisted the 5100 have really liked the indepth sound of it even in an open store hall like the Reliance digital.I have a full hd 42" LCD and so have been adviced by one of my friends to go for a full HD AV receiver to make it future proof.Allthough for this price (38000/- @ Reliance n 40000/- including component cable and oxygen free wiring @ Onkyo dealer in Gurgaon) nothing has compared the 5100 in sound as my living room where this will be placed is about 12'/14' and is open on one end i.e no wall at all and has the dining attached and a glass door and window on the other so need something with deep base.So that ofcourse is taken care of by the 5100.what I really nead to know is:
1- nything else avail in that price range considering my req
2- Should I actually go for a full HD AVR,will it really make a world of a difference I'v got Tata sky,world space,ps,DVD player(non hd at the moment) to attach but can upgrade to a HD dvd.
3- ny recomendations on a non boxed full HD AVR and a set of speaker system n sub that fulfills my req there is lil flexibility in budget
4- shd I jst go for this at the moment n then upgrade to HD AVR later as and when req if so
5-5100 has HDMI Pass through, what is that exactly?
6- Will it make a world of a difference if Audio is not HD and we passing a HD signal thruogh the AVR
7- I'v been told there is some 9 series Onkyo HTS which is full HD bt costs a lil more ny idea how much and which model is it exactly n is it worth it?
8- What is the THX tech n how much is this model for is the AVR full HD in this?
9- Ny idea where to get the speaker stands from?

Srry to have bombarded u guys with so many Qs,would appreciate a response to as many of them as possible as I'm also a part of the confused people club.n lukin @ investing as soon as I get answers to this.

Cheers

Karan

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back