Onkyo HTR 390 - Level Calibration Sound

Subaarun

Hello

I have Onkyo HT-S3400 HTIB with HT-R390 AV Receiver. You all must be familiar with the Level Calibration which produces a windy noise when each speaker is selected. However, it produces a different sound - unclear, interrupted noise for Dolby Digital + signal. Please hear out the same on the attached video. Request your thoughts and possible fixes if you have had a similar experience.

BTW, I would be more than happy if you would say it's just normal :D

Thanks in advance.

Hello

I have Onkyo HT-S3400 HTIB with HT-R390 AV Receiver. You all must be familiar with the Level Calibration which produces a windy noise when each speaker is selected. However, it produces a different sound - unclear, interrupted noise for Dolby Digital + signal. Please hear out the same on the attached video. Request your thoughts and possible fixes if you have had a similar experience.

BTW, I would be more than happy if you would say it's just normal :D

Thanks in advance.
Test tone has nothing to do with input signal say DD. Also no one starts video during calibration .Chances are due to ARC, some noise is added to test tone which should not happen. Since rest working OK, just use testone when video is paused :).

Can you elaborate if you can? Note, the input source (TV) is connected to eARC and the Receiver is ARC
In digital circuits ,a small noise also can do issues.Its difficult to explain as it depends on how Onkyo is designed. I am not technical expert too. Its good that video can be paused while running test tone.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back