Onkyo hts5300 good for music?

Hi, need help pls.

Finally, i receive my hts5300 it took 45 days to be here in philippines.
I'm planning to replace the front speaker to make a decent sound when listening to musics spcecially alternatives/rock. The problem is i dont have a knowledge of picking the right or dont know what speaker would be compatible to my hts5300 receiver. Will this set of speakers suit my needs?
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...y?productId=8198552921665191300&storeId=10151

Hoping for anyone to give some piece of advice. Have a nice day to all.

Yeah...they are not too welcoming, if I may say so. But I went at around 8pm, so maybe they were just tired. But they didnt answer many questions, and were no too interested. It felt like entering a supermarket, where you enter, see the products without any guides helping you, and then ask for a demo which would be shown to you without much enthusiasm, and then leave taking their card :)!

Well Guys , I have a total Different opinion about the Onkyo CR Park Center. They were very supportive , Gave me ample time for auditions (Had them twice) Once with their content and the second time with my own media player and media drive .... no hassles .... calms cool ..... Good audition room , 5300 is setup with various other models.

Thumbs Up !!

As all would say, the 3300 is mainly intended for movies. Guys here would vouch for marantz AVR when it comes to Music. But for a 70-30 split between movies-music, this is an ideal.

As for 5300, again, as all would say, trust your ears and go take a demo with your own media.

Onkyo 3300/3400 v/s JBL Cinesystem 140 (JBL SCS 140BK + Harman Kardon AVR 134)

After my months research and comparison between different options available in the budget of INR 30, 000, I shortlisted 3 home theaters to take a decisions.

1) JBL Cinesystem 140
2) Onkyo 3300/3400
3) Sony BDV E880

Some of the pre-requisites for my requirement were the following:
1) Optical and Coaxial Inputs, so that I can plug my LED with optical and Tata Sky HD with Coaxial
2) Price not more than 30k
3) Most important, amazing sound and able to hear good depth even at low volume

1) Let me start my experience with Sony, although I was getting a Blue Ray player, with DLNA, Internet Video and Browsing from the receiver come player with two Standing speakers, 3 normal speakers and a big woofer, everything for INR 29, 500 . At first it seemed to be the best option available but very soon after checking out other options it felt more of a noise than music.

2) Between Onkyo and JBL I was confused the most. From Onkyo I was getting everything. It supports Full HD, 3d Ready, all required inputs and a decent audio for just INR 24, 000. Yes, ofcourse it does not include any dvd player.

The only thing which was missing was the depth in low volume and the required thrill from woofer at high volume.

3) JBL was my last resort, it gave me an amazing experience with an active Subwoofer. Music and dolby effect are awesome. The only drawback it had was no Full HD support and which is compared and discussed everywhere.

I tried a workaround of using an extra optical cable and Coaxial attached to my blu ray player and LED TV, now I get video output through HDMI and get the audio from Coaxial of DVD Player. So, this solves the purpose with an additional wire worth INR 600.

Now, I am a satisfied user of JBL.

The conclusion of my research is, for best audio experience JBL is recommended. For users who would prefer to keep it simple and not want to get in the complexity of wiring, I would suggest Onkyo but then they would also have to compromise 20% more on Audio.

For people who does not mind getting deaf and can hardly distinguish between beats and tone, they can get everything Sony offers in just INR 29, 500.

Thank you.

I rejected Onkyo HTS 3300 / 3400 as they are somewhat not suitable for music. You should go for Harman Kardon AVR (w/ cinema 300 speakers..its Awsome!!!) or Pioneer AVR (VSX-521 K...Very Good!!). You may try Denon 1312 with a decent speaker package (not the one with 1312 xp)

Regards
Slash

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back