Onkyo hts5300 good for music?

mcjefferson

Hi guys..,i'm new here hope you could answer my querries regarding this system. I'm planning to buy this system this week and i made a lot of research for this system but it's all says that it's good for viewing movies,
Anyone can tell how's the music performance of this system? Do i get a good sound quality for music?

As all would say, the 3300 is mainly intended for movies. Guys here would vouch for marantz AVR when it comes to Music. But for a 70-30 split between movies-music, this is an ideal.

As for 5300, again, as all would say, trust your ears and go take a demo with your own media.

onkyo is a big no no for music, its made for movies, if you wan't good music system i'm sure everybody here will recommend 2.0 system with good 2 channel amplifier and speakers

My suggestion is purely based on personal experience with Onkyo HT 3300

With onkyo speaker I would rate music quality as 40%

When connected wharfadale 9.1 + SW150 subwoofer to speaker B of receiver I find its better than the stock speaker - still music quality is 60%

Recently bought PSB Image B6 and connected it with same Speaker B of onkyo 3300, i will rate the music quality as 55% (5% less due to lack of bass)

The reference line (music quality 100%) for me is quality of music from these speakers when connected to same source material through Norge 1000 Amplifier.

Overall my recontamination is to use onkyo 3300 only for movies if you are a serious listener of music.

HTIB packages are not good for music(specially for stereo listening) . Go for a good stereo integrated amp and a pair of bookshelf or floor standing speakers as your budget and room acoustics permit.

Thanks for the input guys.

I have purchase this system but its not in my posessions yet, i have another
queries for this system, is it possible to use bookshelf speaker to enjoy good
music for this system? I'm planning to pair polk audio tsi200 for front speaker.
Hope to hear again from you guys..,,thanks for the help.

Hi Snorkel4u.

I bought it in June last year from Onkyo, CR Park at a good price. PM me if you want to know the price. I can help you in talking to the seller.

Hi Snorkel4u.

I bought it in June last year from Onkyo, CR Park at a good price. PM me if you want to know the price. I can help you in talking to the seller.

Hi, the OP is from Philippines, so the price would be of no benefit to him, :p, but luckily I was looking for Onkyo stuff and CR Park being the closest showroom to my place, would be great if you do pass on any information.

Where in CR park is the showroom...please share the info with me as well :)

When coming from Nehru Place towards CR Park, the first left cut that you will see, Onkyo Showroom is right there at the corner. I do hope that you know about location of nehru place and cr park in general....

When coming from Nehru Place towards CR Park, the first left cut that you will see, Onkyo Showroom is right there at the corner. I do hope that you know about location of nehru place and cr park in general....

Yeah....thanks :)! So basically, say if I am coming from moolchand side, from nehru place flyover I take a right and then the first left right?

Yeah....thanks :)! So basically, say if I am coming from moolchand side, from below nehru place flyover I take a right and then the first left right?

yup, :), after the taking the first left, showroom would be on your right, at the corner.

I just crossed it yesterday but couldnt make a pit stop as I was rushing for elsewhere.
Do they have a decent Setup for 5300/ 6300?

Do they let you play your own media and play with the settings and satisfy ourselves with the kind of demo we want of the AVR?

I just crossed it yesterday but couldnt make a pit stop as I was rushing for elsewhere.
Do they have a decent Setup for 5300/ 6300?

Do they let you play your own media and play with the settings and satisfy ourselves with the kind of demo we want of the AVR?

Before making new purchases I make it a point to research as much as my limited free time:)lol:) would allow, what that has turned out is that the CR Park Onkyo showroom is not at all good from customer service point of view. Old threads would lead me to believe that they are not very keen on providing demos. Also I did have a chat with their owner or someone from that showroom, I guess they have the upgraded 5400 in stock.

Before making new purchases I make it a point to research as much as my limited free time:)lol:) would allow, what that has turned out is that the CR Park Onkyo showroom is not at all good from customer service point of view. Old threads would lead me to believe that they are not very keen on providing demos. Also I did have a chat with their owner or someone from that showroom, I guess they have the upgraded 5400 in stock.

Yeah...they are not too welcoming, if I may say so. But I went at around 8pm, so maybe they were just tired. But they didnt answer many questions, and were no too interested. It felt like entering a supermarket, where you enter, see the products without any guides helping you, and then ask for a demo which would be shown to you without much enthusiasm, and then leave taking their card :)!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back