Suggestions for a Noob like me

ThePostMan

Hi guys! I'm a complete noob in all this DAC, preamp stuff, but I want a good audio setup. Kindly suggest me the best combination(s) for myself.
Budget: 1.5 lacs
Usage: 80% music (HiFi) and 20% movies

Also, as I don't know much, should I go for multi channels speakers or stereo speakers?

Hi guys! I'm a complete noob in all this DAC, preamp stuff, but I want a good audio setup. Kindly suggest me the best combination(s) for myself.
Budget: 1.5 lacs
Usage: 80% music (HiFi) and 20% movies

Also, as I don't know much, should I go for multi channels speakers or stereo speakers?
As you said 20% movies, 80% hi fi it is better that you make a two channel set up only. I am not suggesting any brands over here just giving you basic guide lines. Buy a stereo integrated amplifier with build in DAC and sub out so in case you want to add an active subwoofer at a later date it will be possible. Allocate more of your budget on speakers say around 60% and 40% for your amplifier. You have to decide what source you want to have for music like if you want a dedicated CD player or are you up for streaming music through apps. You can always add additional equipment's at later date. Even if you consider yourself a noob there will be no one who know what are your exact preferences, room size etc and no one will be able to suggest you the exact equipment's. Check some you tube videos, talk to friends who have similar interests. Also check online sellers like hifimart etc. when you have made a purchase decision keep aside some good amount for decent audio cables (digital, analog) and speaker cables, they do make a qualitative impact. Deciding an audio set up is no simple task, not everything can be bought together so take time and decide.

Option 2 - Bookshelf active speakers that have multi connectivity features (digital and analog) and sound decent enough. But for dedicated music system it is better to invest in separate amp and passive speakers and then later add on other components and improve when ever you like.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back