Onkyo S-3500 dead

mnair77

My Onkyo HT-S3500, bought around Nov 2012, was lying unused for nearly 2 years. In Feb this year I had it shipped to Kochi along with a bunch of other stuff from my locked up apartment. On setting it up I discovered that it switches on, all menus work, but none of the speakers produce sound. HDMI switching, passthru are working fine; just no sound from the speakers connected to the AVR.

Can anyone suggest a reliable repair shop either in Kochi or Trivandrum? I want to get it checked locally before trying to reach out to Onkyo for out of warranty repair.

As an aside, if I were to junk this device, what are some options for an AVR under 25K that allows input switching (but need not be surround - I'm happy with just front speakers).

I had faced such issue with my Sony AVR, devices develop dust and moisture when lying idle for long time. I cleaned the boards of my AVR and it has been working since then.

I suggest cleaning the device board and circuits if you are comfortable opening the chassis.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back